Record drinks?

Options
Do you record drinks other than water? Like.. I rarely drink juice but tonight I drank a few ounces. It comes up as 100 some calories tho. If I record that and if I drink a protein drink for the taste so I wouldn't drink soda, it'd bump me over my calorie limit...which I am trying to stick around. I've never recorded drinks when I have tried to lose weight. advice?

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    If a drink has calories, you have to record them. Juice counts, as does "protein drink". Also beer, wine, etc.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Of course you record them. They're calories. They count.

Being liquid they can even be processed faster than food.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Of course. Anything with calories should be logged.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I log all drinks unless they are water or diet cola. The few calories in a glass of diet coke isn't going to make a difference but a glass of juice would.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You can log/count them or not, as you choose. But rest assured, your body counts them. Calories are calories, whether you pretend they don't exist or not.
  • dennisTee
    dennisTee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm confused. Are you not logging everything? If you are this should be no different. Yes?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you're not logging them to meet your calorie goal, then you're not actually meeting your calorie goal. You're basically tricking yourself.

Counting calories only works well if you actually count the calories you're consuming.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    If it has calories I log it..