Please share your success stories of calorie counting with me!

Options
honeybee739
honeybee739 Posts: 66 Member
Looking for some inspiration.

I need to lose 30-40 pounds by January 2017. Dr.s orders. I am healthy, the only unhealthy thing about me is my weight. Which can lead to being unhealthy in the future. I get all motivated, count calories (still eat what I want but at deficit) and exercise, lose 1-2 pounds per week then quit, get unmotivated, gain that weight back, repeat- repeat- repeat!!

I am looking for success stories of people that just counted calories and exercised! If you followed a specific program or way of eating (Low Carb, Weight Watchers, etc) that's great, but I'm just looking for people that simply logged their food on here, didn't go over calories and lost weight.

Thank you!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I kept an eye on protein (satiety and to reduce muscle loss), but my main concern was/is sticking to my calories. I started by just focusing on calories and found that days with more protein I was less hungry; so I decided to keep an eye on that as well.
    If that counts to you, then:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics/p1
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I've been counting calories since about September, though I only discovered MFP a couple of months ago.

I've lost over 100 pounds just counting and trying to exercise (I have some joint problems that can make that tricky). It can be done :)
  • soolai1
    soolai1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to gain weight. I am 62 kgs and skinny for 175 cm in height. Any help?"
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I've been counting calories for the last 3.5 years and I've lost 62kg.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Counted calories, lost the excess weight I had been carrying around for 20 years. Been maintaining over 3 years and no longer calorie count but am calorie aware without food logging.

Exercise was mostly cycling and strength training (both of which I really enjoy).

Followed the 5:2 eating pattern eating perfectly normal food that I enjoy whilst losing weight at a slow and sustainable rate - personally I found that easier than every day restriction.

Now exercise more than ever as it's even more enjoyable when you can perform better.

PS - Maybe don't shoot for a high rate of loss, it doesn't have to be miserable but it does have to be sustainable long term.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am here again for the second time around. First time a few years ago I lost about 70lb just by CICO and exercise. Then for some weird reason stopped and put about 50lb back on. Wish I knew why. Back again and again CICO and adding some exercise to feel better and again it is working very nicely. I am losing at a nice rate of between 1.5-2lb per week. It works, I just need to figure out how to stay in the game for the long term
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    I am looking for success stories of people that just counted calories and exercised! If you followed a specific program or way of eating (Low Carb, Weight Watchers, etc) that's great, but I'm just looking for people that simply logged their food on here, didn't go over calories and lost weight.

I joined MFP in February 2015, and 16 weeks later I had lost 15 kg. I took a month's break, then lost another 10 kg in the next 16 weeks.

I figure that was a success.