Calories burned - moving?

Options
So, I just helped a family member with an emergency move - last minute. Furniture, boxes, bags, stairs..... Oh My! I noticed house cleaning was included in MFP cardio exercises. Why not moving? Okay MFP community, how many free moving pizza and beer calories did I burn?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There are three related activities:

Moving furniture, household
    Moving household items, boxes, upstairs
    Moving household items, carrying boxes

Are you searching for them on the web version or on one of the mobile apps? Sometimes, the mobile apps don't download all of the activities, so you may need to search for "moving" on the web version, then after it is added to your Diary, it should show up on the mobile app.

By the way, if you searched for "move," instead of "moving" it won't catch the match. Search for just the first three letters "mov" and see if they come up. The search function is lame.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    All I know is that when I took a week off from work to get my last house move done, I lost over 10 lbs.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Probably about as you would lifting weights, which isn't all that much.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You're a good family member and deserve that pizza and beer.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Lol, yesterday I was trying to figure out how much I may have burned bathing a horse, pony and 3 dogs. I went with 3 hours of a slow walk.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I'd guess one ice cold beer and one plain slice of pizza.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Have you moved before, brah? That shet's sweaty, hard work., esp. w/stairs. Heart rate through the roof.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

Have you moved before, brah? That shet's sweaty, hard work., esp. w/stairs. Heart rate through the roof.

Maybe true, but also a one-time thing. So just eat a little more if you feel hungry and move on. Not trying to belittle OPs question, but probably not worth the effort trying to estimate.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »

Maybe true, but also a one-time thing. So just eat a little more if you feel hungry and move on. Not trying to belittle OPs question, but probably not worth the effort trying to estimate.

IDK, I think if you're trying to be as accurate/knowledgeable as possible, then OP's question and attempt to quantify their activity is to be applauded.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I work as a mover and am heavy lifting and walkign a ton all day...You dont burn near as many calories as youd think :p Enjoy the pizza/beer
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »

Not like it takes much effort...

I agree about the one-time thing and all. But some people feel better about the process when they have a better understanding of what's going on, it makes them feel more in control. Nothing wrong with that.