Fitness watch

Options
Hi All
I am looking at getting a fitness watch to find out how many calories I actually burn while exercising. I would also like it to count swimming laps. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you

Replies

• Beeky_85
    Beeky_85 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin. Can be used for multiple sports including swimming.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Fenix 3. Has pool and open water swim modes. Drastically overstates walking calories, but seems pretty reliable for serious exercise.
  • silverbullet07
    silverbullet07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Fenix 3 HR. I like it pretty good.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Vivoactive HR Garmin.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    While I have a Samsung gear s3 frontier that I love, if you're looking for a watch that puts fitness first I don't think you'll find anything better than garmin
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Garmin VivoActive will do pool laps, but will not do open water swimming. If you are looking for just for the pool, it's a good choice and covers a lot of activities.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Garmin or Suunto... just pick what features you want and what you want to pay.
  • dizzielizzie82
    dizzielizzie82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks all. I will google these and see what works
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I use a TomTom Spark 3 and I think its pretty much amazing and syncs my workouts automatically to MFP which I find to save me alot of time.
  • dizzielizzie82
    dizzielizzie82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was chatting to a guy who has an Apple Watch series 2 and he said it is amazing. Does anyone have any experiences with one?
  • MichaelJSwann
    MichaelJSwann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No, but check out dcrainmaker.com for his reviews.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    No, but check out dcrainmaker.com for his reviews.

DC Rainmaker is my go-to whenever deciding which gadget I want. I recently bought myself a Forerunner 25 and read his reviews on the FR25 and FR35 as well as the higher spec Forerunners, and decided that even though it was an older model, the FR25 was the best for what I wanted.
  • JourneeAfter0704
    JourneeAfter0704 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just got a Garmin vivosmart hr+
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I recently got an Apple Watch. I love it and I use it for swimming all the time. (Just note that only Series 2 can be used for swimming)
  • jessicalferrara
    jessicalferrara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have the Series 1 Apple Watch, and I love it. I know I can't use it when I swim, but for everything else it's fantastic. I highly recommend it!