Help... I'm scared I can't do this...

Options
OK well i must say, this is the first time I've ever tried to track my eating and my exercise, and I'm not sure I can do this! :ohwell: My name is Melody, I'm 29 years old and I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. I'm scared and not sure if I have the ability to do this, but its worth a try. :smile: I'm married to a wonderful man and have a three, going on four year old daughter. I'm recovering from a bad year plagued with PTSD, depression, and anxiety disorders. I'm doing a lot better and figured it was time to take care of my physical self. Any suggestion, words of inspiration, and encouragement are fully welcome.... OK here goes nothing.....:drinker:

140676.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• MellyL
    MellyL Posts: 2
    Options
    OK well i must say, this is the first time I've ever tried to track my eating and my exercise, and I'm not sure I can do this! :ohwell: My name is Melody, I'm 29 years old and I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. I'm scared and not sure if I have the ability to do this, but its worth a try. :smile: I'm married to a wonderful man and have a three, going on four year old daughter. I'm recovering from a bad year plagued with PTSD, depression, and anxiety disorders. I'm doing a lot better and figured it was time to take care of my physical self. Any suggestion, words of inspiration, and encouragement are fully welcome.... OK here goes nothing.....:drinker:

140676.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    ok so take it slow and steady - dont sweat the setbacks (there will be some) - and be consistent with yr exercise. dont weigh yrself constantly. drink lots of water. take long walks -its great low impact exercise. fill yr plate with salad and vegies.. eat small portions more often .. and most importantly have a positive outlookand u will get there

good luck

Neil from Australia
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. you can so do this. Just take one step at a time, cause it will take time to get it off.
  • chippiepig
    Options
    Good words from Neil. One of the strengths of this site is that you make it what you want it to be. For me, the simple act of recording my eating and exercise has put me in better control of both. Only at it a month, but I really do feel better already. Good luck!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I agree take it one day at time you can do this!!!
  • myhoney
    myhoney Posts: 41
    Options
    this is hard for all of us, thats why we are here for others support, and to make some big changes to our lifes. you'll do great i'm sure. slow and steddy wins the race. good luck and welcome. :wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    WELCOME----
    attitiude is everything...you can do it and you can tell yourself that right now....I for one am not a rocket sceintist and I was intimidated at first but now I feel confident enough to tell you that you can do it and I mean it...

easy does it...one day, one meal, one workout at a time...we didn't get into our situations overnight and we won't get out of them overnight...this is fun if you let it

good luck
    Dave:smile:
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    Aw, I just love this site! I know you were responding to one of our newest recruits--and I am an old-timer now at going on a month--but I really needed to hear these words today. Thanks for lifting and encouraging us all!:wink:
  • SJK72
    SJK72 Posts: 10
    Options
    You already took the hardest step, your here and you want to do it. You had a hard year but you got through it so now it's in the past. Taking this one day at a time is the best way but I also like to workout with my 4 year old daughter. I have tapes and she dances along to the music and it makes the whole thing like playing. I also joined a gym that has a fun kids area so she never lets me off the Gym days. We are all scared weather we want to say it or not but facing that fear is the only way we can get past it. You have a great support system at home and you always have the cyber-buddies here. Oh and welcome.
  • chelseachick
    Options
    believing is everything. and after each set back is a new beginning and with each success a new opportunity.
    this is a great is a great site - people are helpful- supportive and funny - so you get to laugh along the way.

good luck - you can do this- :flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! You can do it....all night long.........Oops, I am sorry that was a quote inappropriatly placed outside of an Adam Sandler movie.

You can do this, it IS going to be hard, and you are gonna fall down a couple 40 times.........but you will do this, we will all help you do this.

GO GREEN!
  • sumiemama
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I know it's scary and a bit daunting but the support here is great. You already have a your own cheering section. I recently fell off the wagon and after words of support and encouragement I am back on track and doing good. You can do this. Good luck and remember you are not alone.
  • Nery09
    Nery09 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I suffer from depression and recently stopped taking medication. It is a daily struggle, but I truly believe the medication caused some of my weight gain. I am hoping that I can follow my exercise routines and eat healthy. It's hard, but be as determined as possible. I am not sure if you go to the gym, but I find that it helps.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Hi Melody,

You are so brave to admit your fear. And be genuine to share your feeling vulnerable. What a great start. You are not alone. Who on this planet is not afraid? The truth is. We all are. Deep inside all of us are afraid of something. I just started too. Tks for having the courage to share what all the challenges you are facing. One day at a time. One moment at a time.

I'm trying something very new this year. I bought a pedometer. One you can wear in your pocket/purse. Tracks number of steps. Very helpful. Hope this would help you too.
    You are not alone. Wonderful husband and child. You are #1. Don't forget that. You are #1. Take good care of yourself. :flowerforyou: