Ok this needs to be posted for those who wants to lose weight and have no clue.

Options
filbo132
filbo132 Posts: 956 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I see way too many people spilling out really bad information "Sugar will make you fat", "Carbs are bad, they make you fat" and other nonsense. I blame the media and magazines, because they are the ones who tell these myths, it is very rare to hear them say "You need to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight" . Here is an article I recomend everyone to read aworkoutroutine.com/how-to-lose-fat/ and here's an image that explains all these diets that are out there....Mind you, I have nothing against any diets, if they work for you and you enjoy it, then continue what you are doing. But if they make you miserable, then this may enlighten you I hope.

17553724_10211007174408879_5935164033182500163_n.jpg?oh=69a6ef7754c62f26258aee3e86c089a6&oe=5996D367

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I like the fat loss pills better.
    The ones that remove bloat instantly are a close second. Especially when they tell you if your loss is too dramatic just take every other day.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I like the fat loss pills better.
    The ones that remove bloat instantly are a close second. Especially when they tell you if your loss is too dramatic just take every other day.

:D:D:D
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    The gluten-free one is also a bit suspect, as plenty of people eat gluten-free and don't lose weight, as there are so many lovely substitutes for high calorie treats on the market now. ;)
  • HGarcia1527
    HGarcia1527 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!!!! A lot of people I speak with have no knowledge in healthy eating. A friend of mine is always saying "calories don't mean anything". Ummm honey I hate to break it to you but they have way more meaning that your insane theory on crash diets. Deficit deficit deficit!!!!!!
  • k_e_l
    k_e_l Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    I see way too many people spilling out really bad information "Sugar will make you fat", "Carbs are bad, they make you fat" and other nonsense. I blame the media and magazines, because they are the ones who tell these myths, it is very rare to hear them say "You need to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight" . Here is an article I recomend everyone to read aworkoutroutine.com/how-to-lose-fat/ and here's an image that explains all these diets that are out there....Mind you, I have nothing against any diets, if they work for you and you enjoy it, then continue what you are doing. But if they make you miserable, then this may enlighten you I hope.

17553724_10211007174408879_5935164033182500163_n.jpg?oh=69a6ef7754c62f26258aee3e86c089a6&oe=5996D367

LOVE this!!! makes me mad at myself for believing the hype & trying many of these, only to fail every time! oh the time i have wasted!!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would like to add cleanses to that list.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, except "gluten free" isn't intended to be a weight loss diet, and it sure as hell doesn't work like one.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, except "gluten free" isn't intended to be a weight loss diet, and it sure as hell doesn't work like one.

Except that some people believe that 'gluten' is the reason they are fat and that removing it from their diet will magically make them lose weight. It tends to work for a while (until they discover the gluten free goodies) and then they pack the weight on again...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    This post is 100% true but I feel like someone will eventually come along and flag it or claim they defy CICO because they ate 10 calories per day and didn't lose weight.

That's why they should read the link that explains it more in details.

But *reading*.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Except that some people believe that 'gluten' is the reason they are fat and that removing it from their diet will magically make them lose weight. It tends to work for a while (until they discover the gluten free goodies) and then they pack the weight on again...

Vegetarian/vegan diets sometimes fall into this same trap.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Vegetarian/vegan diets sometimes fall into this same trap.

Yup!
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    LOVE the charts!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    This post is 100% true but I feel like someone will eventually come along and flag it or claim they defy CICO because they ate 10 calories per day and didn't lose weight.

That's why they should read the link that explains it more in details.

Lol, are you kidding? That link has been posted often in threads and people still refuse to believe it applies to them. They'll argue until the thread gets locked or they ragequit. It's maddening.