Looking more female friends like myself...

Options
Hey There! I have been active on MFP since mid January and I have done well. I am looking to connect with others like me... women in their 40's trying to get healthier and in the process lose weight. I am 43, 5'6" and my starting weight on Jan 11th was 260. My current weight is 221. My short term goal weight is 199! It will feel amazing to get out of the 200's! My long term goal is 175 <~~ I'd weigh less than my husband and I have NEVER weighed less than him as he was small built when we dated/met and well... I have just never been smaller than him. What an amazing feeling that will be when the day comes. I go to the gym a minimum of five times a week, usually more. I utilize MFP and weigh my food.

I have built some great friendships here, but would like more that are active & being chatty won't hurt. A like is noticed but real motivation comes when feedback is given. I am NOT a negative or every play must be by the book person... what works for one is not going to work for everyone.

Looking forward to starting a few new friendships...

Replies

• Yoyo_NoMAH
    Yoyo_NoMAH Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi ChelleDee07. I would love to connect with you. I agree. Having friends on here helps to all push us in the right direction. We all want the same thing... to be healthier.
  • Beachlife2018
    Beachlife2018 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Julie and am also 43 years old. I lost 85 lbs several years ago and then gained back over 50, ugh! I've now lost the 50lbs and am looking to lose another 35 lbs or so. I only have 5.1 lbs to go to get to "onederland" but who's counting! Lol Feel free to add me, the more friends the merrier! ☺
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bsandercock
    bsandercock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 46 and would love some ideas. Lost probably 40 lbs and gained some back and now having trouble losing any of it. So any support and motivation would be awesome!!
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 43, 5'4".
    SW: 285
    CW: 236.2
    GW: 110-125

Would love some friendly motivation and would give encouragement in return. Feel free to send me a friend request! ☺
  • Starladear72
    Starladear72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and just discovered this site. I don't even know how to add friends or send messages. I have always fluctuated in weight but I have been 100 pounds overweight the last ten years. I'm tired of it and figured counting my calories would help, which it seems to be doing. Any encouragement and Or mutual motivational friendships are welcome.
  • LaurieNelson3969
    LaurieNelson3969 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laurie 48 years old. After my Graves Disease with hyperthyroidism went into remission I gained all of the weight back. My total goal is to lose 100lbs.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    B) I must admit I remove MFP friends who stop being active.
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I need more friends that are active and will motivate me.
  • ShanMacTell
    ShanMacTell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back with MFP and would love more friends! Just turned 40 and looking to shed 50 pounds. Like you I am 5'6 and you and I have the ultimate goal weight of 175!!!
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi all! 43 looking to lose about 30 lbs. Currently at 148. I would love some new connections - add me! If you have garmin connect even better! Find me at Koetter74
  • Beccab2003
    Beccab2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI! I am new-ish to MFP. Started consistently in January when I got my Garmin 235 and started training for a 5K.....I am 43; 5'7 and (gulp) 230 lbs. I started at 250 a year ago, so have only lost 20 lbs in 12 months, but 15 of those lbs have been since I started MFP in Jan.......I am more of a carb counter and am following the "ketogenic" diet plan; but am mostly focused on eating clean, healthy, non-processed food! Would love to connect on here and on Garmin Connect!!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm here a long time. Keeps me accountable. I also remove friends who aren't here.

I'm in my 50's, have an underactive thyroid and am shorter and weigh less, but we are similar, if you want to ad me.
  • ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @ChelleDee07 sending you a friend request.............. :)

Any other of you ladies I'd love to be friends with too! I'm "new" again, lol, looking for support and motivation. I'm 48 and looking to loose 20 pounds or so.......Thanks :)
  • 2012dancingqueen
    2012dancingqueen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting my calorie counting and have a goal to lose 20lbs in the next 6-8 months. My old mfp buddies are no longer active and I could use some new friends here. Please add me if you'd like :) Good luck and we can do this! B)
  • amyrooni
    amyrooni Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Can I be the "old lady" in the bunch in my early 50's? Ha ha! After knee replacement almost 3 years ago I lost the first 18 pounds... then put it back on. Successfully lost the 18 again as of last week with my 4 month efforts! This time I have done it with many small sustainable changes including moving to a significant portion of my diet being whole foods (which I have discovered are NOT boring after all!) Goal is to lose another 15 pounds by the end of July and then shift into sustaining that with my new healtier lifestyle. Would love to share this journey with a positive minded, active and mutually encouraging group!
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, girls! I feel like I've found some of "my people"! I'm Julie, I'm 43. I lost about 60 lbs here once, and...well.....yeah. The bulk of my success happened when I had a very active friend list with people who talked about more than just weight loss/fitness/nutrition. People treated this kind of like FB, with updates about their day, things about their lives, what was pissing them off, etc. It was a lot of fun! But, as tends to happen around here, people become less active or just inactive. I'd love to see my feed be a place of fun again! (And by the way, I like "colorful" language, too. lol!)
  • Be_Fit_Babs
    Be_Fit_Babs Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Same issue here, I would love to have a active list of gals to help me stay on track and love to cheer others on as well! Feel free to add me :)
  • Be_Fit_Babs
    Be_Fit_Babs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just realized it may help to know more about me. I'm 39, 5'1" cw is 170 gw is 120. Weight has gone up and down over the last year and I finally got my butt in gear to fix it. I'm using Turbo Fire and my hubby and I are now on the same page with lunch prep on Sundays which really helps me stay on track....dinner is a different story. I'm also known for my colorful language, but I'll try to keep it toned down if need be. :p