The biggest hurdles to weight loss are other people, co-workers and peers

Options
For the last 60 days, I have prepared both lunch and dinner meals and brought them to work. I eat dinner before I get off. I eat mostly green veggies and lean protein in my meals.

I also have portable scale which I use to measure anything I eat at work because there is so much free food there.

The amount of annoying comments I get from my co-workers has pushed me to a boiling point. "How can you eat like that?" "You weigh everything? LOL live a little?" "You want to go eat? Oh wait you brought food right? LOL".

These people are all sloppy-looking, out-of-shape, or straight up obese. They all believe that they only need to do one class of CrossFit or Pilates next week, and thats all they need. Except next week comes and the class never happens.

I was 197 and now I am 181lbs. Things are warming up, and the same people are noticing that I am more cut. What do they say? "Hey, how did you do that?"

For nearly 2 months, they made me feel like I some weirdo, and now that I have visible results, they have the nerve ask me how achieved it?

I can definitely see someone can give into peer pressure and lose focus.

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You can't control what people think. You can only control how you react.

I do wonder though, if you are preparing your meals at home, why are you weighing your food at work?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    You don't have to talk about your diet with coworkers. Sometimes it's less stressful if you don't.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    dudebro200 wrote: »
    For the last 60 days, I have prepared both lunch and dinner meals and brought them to work. I eat dinner before I get off. I eat mostly green veggies and lean protein in my meals.

I also have portable scale which I use to measure anything I eat at work because there is so much free food there.

The amount of annoying comments I get from my co-workers has pushed me to a boiling point. "How can you eat like that?" "You weigh everything? LOL live a little?" "You want to go eat? Oh wait you brought food right? LOL".

These people are all sloppy-looking, out-of-shape, or straight up obese. They all believe that they only need to do one class of CrossFit or Pilates next week, and thats all they need. Except next week comes and the class never happens.

I was 197 and now I am 181lbs. Things are warming up, and the same people are noticing that I am more cut. What do they say? "Hey, how did you do that?"

For nearly 2 months, they made me feel like I some weirdo, and now that I have visible results, they have the nerve ask me how achieved it?

I can definitely see someone can give into peer pressure and lose focus.

LOL, you are a weirdo, along with everyone else who has chosen this method of losing weight and making lifestyle changes. I ignore everyone that has something negative to say like "you're too skinny, don't lose any more weight," "seriously, you weigh and measure ALL your food?," "you'll just gain it all back over time once you quit 'dieting,'" "how can you drink a beer when you're on a diet?"etc...I refuse to get derailed, this is now my life.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    I actually think it is quite amusing how they are amazed. Or they ask you how you did it but when they learn it is not a magic pill or potion but hard work and dedication then they are no longer interested. Everyone wants to look great but no one wants to walk past the chocolates in the break room.

I can't eat food that has been left in the break room, it's the hygiene that makes it unappealing.
  • dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can't control what people think. You can only control how you react.

I do wonder though, if you are preparing your meals at home, why are you weighing your food at work?

I allow myself 500 callories of unplanned food each day. Usually, it's a protien shake or two.

There are usually nutritious foods at work like nuts, fruit, kale chips, beef jerky or oatmeal. Doesn't make sense for me to skip out on it when it's free
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I weigh my food out in my office because I can't stand all the comments from the peanut gallery when they see it. I've been eating the same foods for a year and they STILL make inquisitive comments. I know they don't mean anything wrong, but it sure is annoying. Anyway, I feel you OP.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You ONLY drink pregnant yak urine for breakfast? Hotdiggity, I've been doing lunch and dinner too.

You have to want to be healhty more than approved by the "slopping looking, out of shape, and straight up obese". That's life. Aim for the moon and get the stars thrown in for free or wallow with the weak.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    z4oslo wrote: »
    dudebro200 wrote: »

Good thing you are not beeing judgemental or anything.

Agree!