For my mom who died too soon (age 55)...

Options
I'm recommitting to a healthy lifestyle. I'm determined to live fully enough for both myself and my mother who died too soon (age 55).

My mom died suddenly on March 7, 2017. She collapsed while walking to her car and was instantly gone. She was my very best friend. At 22, I lost my mom.

Replies

• Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I know your pain! My mom died from a stroke (health related issues) at the age of 41. I lost my mom when I was 14 years old. I've been on a yo-yo diet for the past 6 years and learned a lot about myself. I'm thankful for the "down" moments because I've learned what my weaknesses are and the correct way to view food. I've been recommitted to the healthy lifestyle for almost 4 months now and I truly believe I have control over it this time. Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss :'(
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss
  • tinav159
    tinav159 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. She was so young and so are you. Your blog was the first thing I read today so I wanted you to know that your loss saddens me but your words have inspired me today. I am 58 and have a beautiful 19 year old daughter. I need to stay committed and live healthy and happy so I can do everything in MY power to be here fore her. Keep your head up and your heart as full as you can and know for sure that momma is most definitely watching over you from the heavens above.
  • rcole99
    rcole99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. Your post will help to inspire many others to adopt a healthy lifestyle. It certainly has inspired me. I am 52 years old and have two young sons (12 years old and 10 years old). Heart attacks, cancer and strokes run in my family and right now I'm 60 pounds overweight. Your post in which you share the loss of your mother is helping to inspire me to stay strong and lose weight. I've been able to lose weight in the past but never keep it off. I will return to your post over and over again when I need strength to stay on track. Your mom not only impacted your life but her passing will help to keep me on track.
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,839 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. My mother was 59 and she was also my best friend, so I know how you feel. Very proud of you for taking your health seriously. I was a smoker when she passed away and she said it was not too late for me. A year later, I stopped smoking. It's been 17 years already.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I know your pain. My mother chose to take her own life at the age of 56, many years ago. I was 29. Her crutch was alcohol and she was extremely drunk when she made that horrible decision. It's never easy and you never forget. Her legacy will be made through your lifestyle changes. I wish you the best of luck with your journey.
  • eablackford
    eablackford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. Everything I do for the rest of my life, will be for my mom.
  • SnowChick17
    SnowChick17 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my mom when I was 22. She was 54. She passed away from congestive heart failure, which is preventable and even when diagnosed with it, it is possible to still live a long healthy life by making the right choices. She did not make the right choices and loved her fast food. To this day, I have sworn off of most fast food. (I have only been to McDonald's 3 times since she passed 9 years ago). I am now fighting to regain my health and I use my mother as motivation and as a lesson to myself. Keep your head up and remember the good times. You can add me as a friend if you would like.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. My is gone as well, much too soon. Change the cycle and do better.