How do I figure out my bf% ???

Options
RY4N87
RY4N87 Posts: 23 Member
Hello I'm trying to work out my macros but I need my bodyfat to find out my leanbody mass, so I was wondering what's the best way to figure it out? Is there any accurate bodyfat calculators online ?? Thanks.

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Your easiest and fairly accurate way is to look at charts of pictures of different body fat levels and estimate. You can also post here and some folks have the calibrated eye to let you know. It will get you close enough to set your macros.
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Google "Army bodyfat calculator", it will calculate it based on basic measurements
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    There aren't going to be any calculators that are accurate. Best way forward is to post a pic (front/side). The people with experience will chime in.

You can start by comparing yourself to the below picture...
    body-fat-percentage-levels.jpg.76d9589332a5cefff41b2824b2f7bbf6.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    There aren't going to be any calculators that are accurate. Best way forward is to post a pic (front/side). The people with experience will chime in.

You can start by comparing yourself to the below picture...
    body-fat-percentage-levels.jpg.76d9589332a5cefff41b2824b2f7bbf6.jpg

cosign
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    For macro calculating purposes I would just estimate and compare to the photos. When in doubt, I overestimate LBM and aim for the high end of the macro minimum range.