Options
2»

Replies

• Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »
    Quasita wrote: »
    Personally, I have a playlist that I created for myself and other MFP links for this exact purpose. Current run time is almost 5 hours, and it grows with diversity as time goes by. Mostly indie or things that a lot of people don't put on their typical "workouts" like... no Welcome to the Jungle crud. Feel free to follow it if you like :)
    https://open.spotify.com/user/12566439/playlist/7u1vdOPC5pV378JvDYL9bU

See above. Malacoda...Caspian. Progressive rock. No lyrics.

I'm familiar with Caspian. Personally, I like to have solid lyrics alongside the good pace, because it is distracting from the pain of working out sometimes... haha! But maybe I'll start an instrumental list. I share these with my groups and such.
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    jmp463 wrote: »
    The Smiths - The Police - Certain Van Halen - The Talking Heads -- yes I am from the 80s

Yah! And let's add The Cult to that! :)
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    EggToni wrote: »
    jmp463 wrote: »
    The Smiths - The Police - Certain Van Halen - The Talking Heads -- yes I am from the 80s

Yah! And let's add The Cult to that! :)

The Cure makes an appearance on the list I gave above lol
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It may be cheesy but I love the world rhythms in Zumba. Nothing like a nice salsa dance to feel happy or reggae to feel mellow.

And I love the sound of my inner thighs NOT rubbing together...LOL!
  • Tylerman35
    Tylerman35 Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I listen to a variety of rap Eminem, NotoriousBIG, Tech9ne, drake, migos, 50 cent, ludacris, Kendrick Lamar, ferry was, etc...

Also some bestie boys.

Can't be touched is a good song by Roy jones
  • Tylerman35
    Tylerman35 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Tylerman35 wrote: »
    I listen to a variety of rap Eminem, NotoriousBIG, Tech9ne, drake, migos, 50 cent, ludacris, Kendrick Lamar, ferry was, etc...

Also some bestie boys.

Can't be touched is a good song by Roy jones

Damn autocorrect. Fetty wap

• Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    ACDC, Eminem, House of Pain
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    For running I like to keep things around 170-180 bpm
    welg4jseg2g3.jpg

For lifting it just needs to be heavy and angry. Any tempo will do.
    lsxdhryiu2xj.jpg

• domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    All depends on my mood. Aerosmith or Britney Spears is what i have been listening to lately. And Bon Jovi too (their old stuff)
  • Gadgetman74
    Gadgetman74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anything with a fast beat like to get me going. I love dance music bit of Calvin harris and scooter but I love pop too.
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like epic, calisthenic , bar brothers etc. motivational music on you tube.
  • teamgiff4
    teamgiff4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awolnation
    Rage Against the Machine
    Eminem
    Shakira :blush:
  • bestladydj
    bestladydj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a former dj and I love all types of music my input for the best workout song ever is glen freys livin' right / also check out the video its the best ever and soooo true / fyi he is a single artist but also a member of the eagles he passed last year
  • RitaRose91
    RitaRose91 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pandora's Pop and Hip Hop workout station, usually has pretty good songs to work out too :D
  • seika1385
    seika1385 Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I like finding workout rock...Recently 3 Doors Down "the broken" has made it to the top of my playlists...but I usually add in a lil Seether....FFDP....Hinder...Papa Roach...or throw in some classics like Kansas...Deep Purple...AC/DC...
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I walk every day at lunch and need something that I can play and not mess with. I use Amazon music and they have playlists for different activities. I use a walking playlist and it keeps me at a 15 minute mile pace. Got to have good music when exercising for sure.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    seika1385 wrote: »
    I like finding workout rock...Recently 3 Doors Down "the broken" has made it to the top of my playlists...but I usually add in a lil Seether....FFDP....Hinder...Papa Roach...or throw in some classics like Kansas...Deep Purple...AC/DC...

If you like AC/DC and such you would probably like a band called Airbourne. They only started in 2003 but they have the same sound.
  • theVintageWhorde
    theVintageWhorde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    RuPaul ... don't judge me :D
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    saschagm wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Let's inspire each other with lots of uplifting and good music! B)
    Positive indeed.
    Tobymac - 'Me Without You'
    VERIDIA - 'Still Breathing', 'Furious Love'
    Fireflight - 'All I Need to Be', 'Unbreakable'
    Pillar - 'Frontline', 'Hypnotized'
    Red - 'Not Alone', 'Hold Me Now', 'The Ever', 'Lost'
    Falling Up - 'Good Morning Planetarium', 'Broken Heart (Ghost of Seaside)'
    Plumb - 'Lord I'm Ready Now', 'Exhale', 'Say Your Name'
    Sleeping Giant - 'Tithemi'
    Thousand Foot Krutch - 'Rawkfist', 'E For Extinction', 'Courtesy Call'

I love this playlist. I tend to go a little heavier when I workout so TFK and Pillar are great options that I like to mix in with a lot of Skillet and Lacey Sturm