How do I figure out my bf% ??

Options
Hello I'm trying to work out my macros but I need my bodyfat to find out my leanbody mass, so I was wondering what's the best way to figure it out? Is there any accurate bodyfat calculators online ?? Thanks.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    you can do the pinch method - most gyms offer a place

things like an inbody assessment with give you BF% as well as LMM
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    This page has some tools.

http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/

How accurate they are, I have no idea.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    RY4N87 wrote: »
    Hello I'm trying to work out my macros but I need my bodyfat to find out my leanbody mass, so I was wondering what's the best way to figure it out? Is there any accurate bodyfat calculators online ?? Thanks.

Probably not.

Best choices - hydrostatic and Dexa
    Followed by - Body pod and calipers
    Don't even bother with - online calculators or scales.
  • annamaple
    annamaple Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fwiw
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Best method is Dexa, but it cost $$$ .I go by images healthiack.com/images/body-fat-percentage-chart-men-women.jpg

FWIW I had my BF taken by my personal trainer and it was much different from what I would have guessed based on these images. The cause could have to do with certain people carrying fat in certain places.
  • anna1m
    anna1m Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I get mine tested by hydrostatic three times a year. I compare it to calipers when I get home and without fail, the calipers test me at 5-6% less bf.
    The first time I went to get tested I almost cried because my gym trainer and my calipers or me at 21% and I was 28%.
    Basically it had been helpful to me to get tested just so I know I'm not losing muscle mass when I cut, but if you are happy with how your clothes fit and how how you look in the mirror, then I feel like that's just as good.