Only 125 calories left :(

I am hungry with only 125 calories left for the rest of the day. Apparently pizza and brownies arent great choices.

Replies

• nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Get water logged :) I know it sucks, I hate feeling hungry. If you like green beans and sodium isn't an issue my go-to low calorie quick fix is a can of green beans boiled with 2 Chicken bouillon cubes. Reminds me of chicken noodle soup without breaking the bank
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    I have green beans at home, but I'm not at home. I could drink a cup of water. I think I'm craving eating more than my stomach being full. I tend to have problems with that.
  • wellthenwhat
    I don't use my exercise calories. I save them for times when I accidentally go over or miscalculate.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I don't use my exercise calories. I save them for times when I accidentally go over or miscalculate.

It's up to you,. The option is there if you want to eat more...
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Drink 2 glasses water.
    Eat something low in calorie high in bulk. Spinach maybe.
    Turn on music and dance for a bit to earn more
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    You should eat some of your exercise calories.

Salad
    Broccoli
    Egg
    Fruit
    Tuna
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Puréed vegetable soup
  • wellthenwhat
    I had an orange. It was good, and filled me up enough for the evening :)
  • wellthenwhat
    Good lord, eat for goodness sake. Dial it back a little over the next couple of days to get some of it back if it makes you feel better. Our body's aren't a closed system that resets at midnight, your deficit over time is what counts. One day won't hurt anything.

My one day turns into a week. I am working really hard on NOT getting into the "one day is nothing" attitude, because I know from experience it gets out of control for me. Eating is a huge comfort/boredom thing for me. I could go all day and never be actually hungry, but I never quit wanting to nibble on everything.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    If you really don't want to use your exercise calories, in your place I would have something like salad dressed with something low calorie (85 grams of shredded cabbage, for example, is only 25 calories), a brothy soup (a packet of dried miso soup is about 80 calories), or a piece of fruit (depending on weight, something like an apple, orange, or pear is going to be 60-120 calories).
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Good lord, eat for goodness sake. Dial it back a little over the next couple of days to get some of it back if it makes you feel better. Our body's aren't a closed system that resets at midnight, your deficit over time is what counts. One day won't hurt anything.

My one day turns into a week. I am working really hard on NOT getting into the "one day is nothing" attitude, because I know from experience it gets out of control for me. Eating is a huge comfort/boredom thing for me. I could go all day and never be actually hungry, but I never quit wanting to nibble on everything.

I do focus on the "one day is nothing" attitude, with a caveat that "one day is nothing, two days is the start of a bad transition", because sure I overeat for things like my birthday or whatever, but when it's done it's done, if I give up and say "well I already sucked yesterday..." that's when things go downhill. But guilting over a heavy calorie day will also cause me to give up too.
    I come from a family of snackers, so I have to be careful of that as well, what snacks I have stay hidden in the pantry where I can't see them, not in easy reach.
  • Fat_Fighter87
    Fat_Fighter87 Posts: 61 Member
    Just eat a normal if not slightly smaller healthy meal and start afresh tomorrow. Starving yourself for the rest of the day in my opinion isn't a healthy attitude towards food. Tomorrow is a new day! <3
  • Fat_Fighter87
    Fat_Fighter87 Posts: 61 Member

I've just read this after my original reply so apologies! I get this I really do, I was stuck in an unhealthy mind set like this for years of bad days turning into bad weeks and so on - that's why I slowly gained weight in the first place. For me it's self sabotage and it's not only bad for the diet but mentally too I developed a bit of a problem with food over time. It's taken a tremendous amount of willpower and months of retraining my brain to not beat myself up after a bad day and get back on it immediately but you CAN do it!!! If you need advice you know where I am
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member

lol...seems like now qualifies...