Water

Options
Fochizzy
Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
I stuggle to drink 8oz of water a day. But I know that since I am heavier I may need to drink more than that. And when I work out I need even more. But since I don't like water I wanted clear goals. This calculator takes into account your weight, environment and work out. So now I know days I work out I need 15 glasses of water, days I don't I need 10. Yick! But better knowing than dehydrated.

Check it out:
http://www.csgnetwork.com/humanh2owater.html

Replies

• FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    Try Crystal Light!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    crysal light an MIO are my saviors! I know its tough, but a piece of advise....i bought a 32 ounce container and i now force myself to drink 100 ounces a day... Ever since I drastically increase my water, the weight has been FLYING off me!!
    Trust me, its worth it!
  • tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Options
    I think double Yick! I'm not the best at drinking my water, I'm good if I get in 8 glasses and that drinking just water all day! Thats another thing I really need to improve on. : )
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Every time this topic comes up i say the same thing...you dont need 8 glasses of water. Its the equivalent of 8 glasses of fluid. The water companies try to force this 8 glasses of water at us so we buy their product. You get plenty of fluid from a number of sources without even knowing it. Fruit, veg, tea, juice, they all add towards the fluid count.

Don't be fooled into buying tons of mineral water!
  • tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Options
    I get tired of just water so I add lemon to it or sometimes I use the crystal light flavor packets. Wyler's makes good sugar free flavor packets too!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to be sympathetic to people who don't like water. I used to hate it. I suppose it's an acquired taste. I forced myself to drink it because I believed I needed it. And after a while, I learned to like it. Even love it sometimes. But my opinion is, there's no choice. Yes, we're allowed other beverages, and those plus some foods help us stay hydrated. But the benefits of plain water can't be beat. And I just think you should drink it anyway, even if you don't like it. Eventually, you will. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. :-)
  • Fochizzy
    Options
    Every time this topic comes up i say the same thing...you dont need 8 glasses of water. Its the equivalent of 8 glasses of fluid. The water companies try to force this 8 glasses of water at us so we buy their product. You get plenty of fluid from a number of sources without even knowing it. Fruit, veg, tea, juice, they all add towards the fluid count.

Don't be fooled into buying tons of mineral water!

LOL it would never occur to me to buy mineral water. I have a water bottle and a sink! I live in NYC which has some of the cleanest tap water in the world. I was in the Peace Corps for awhile and I never understand worrying about US water. If you prefer the taste your call, but US water is so healthy and clean I just cannot even imagine.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Agreed, at first drinking my quota of water was too much for me; but I wanted to give it an honest try. Therefore, at the beginning I worked my way up to my quota. I even bought a water bottle for my desk at work. (Yeah, became that guy.) Then I noticed the difference it made with the weight loss.

After learning that many of the fitness trainers drink much more water than the average person. ("They" look healthy and in shape; so "when in Rome...") Therefore, I eventually worked up to about a gallon of water per day (most days). I have found that if I drink that much water, the weight tends to melt off faster. Keep in mind, it does take time for your body to adjust (expect a few weeks). You will be pleased with the results.

Since then, I've noticed improvements in other areas. For example, my skin looks healthier and less blemishes (also in part to healthier eating.)

So, Drink the Water! (Unless you're in a foreign country, bring bottle water. That kind of weight loss is not so much fun.)
  • Fochizzy
    Options
    So, Drink the Water! (Unless you're in a foreign country, bring bottle water. That kind of weight loss is not so much fun.)

Lol, I have done that way too. And it really TRULY is not.
  • Scott156
    Scott156 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am fortunate in that I love water and drink a lot of it. In addition I also keep a bottle of cold brewed green tea with me almost all the time (man I love that stuff!).

However, my wife absolutely cannot stand water. Its even hard for her to drink it when taking her vitamin, but she does like the crystal lite packets and she insists that coffee counts, but I never count it...
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    After learning that many of the fitness trainers drink much more water than the average person. ("They" look healthy and in shape; so "when in Rome...")

They also watch what they eat and work out far more than the average person, that's why they look healthy and in shape. Nothing to do with the drinking of water. I can't help thinking that drinking lots of water works like a placebo. You think you're healthier, so you naturally feel better about yourself.

And yes, coffee does hydrate you. If you drink it occassionally, it'll hydrate you around 75% as much as a cup of water would. If you drink it most of the time your body is used to it, and it'll do the same job as water.
  • lillylady12
    Options
    Does fizzy water count to the 8 glasses to do you think? That with lemon is looooooovely (so probably not allowed!)