Is this possible ?

I need realistic advise from those of you who have / are succeeding

Please please please some tips

I am struggling and it is really getting me down

Replies

• JevaiahsMommy
    JevaiahsMommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost about that in a year about 9 years ago. Gained back about 40 of it so back at it again. My goal is 5lbs a month. I think it is all about your willingness to follow through. Diet is the most important part. What you eat determines what you weigh. I have been back at it for about a month and have lost 10 lbs but its a lot harder to drop the weight now for sure. I have screwed up 3 days but am choosing not to give up because I really want to be down 60lbs by this time next year.
  • katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Totally possible, I'm just over a year on weight loss journey, joined slimming world. Love it or hate it but it works for me. 61lbs lost to date and not done anything since Jan of this ye as spinal surgery but still maintained. Believe u can and u will. I gave another stone to go but will get there. U can do this xx
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It is possible but you have to be prepared to make the effort and there will be sacrifices. I would set your goals to 1lb a week, try to hit your calorie goal, and if you add some exercise only eat back a portion (in general you will be more hungry when exercising but how much will depend on the type and intensity).
    Once you are in a groove with the portions you can up your weekly loss goal - too much restriction too soon is why a lot of people quit. Make sure you have either a cheat MEAL once or twice a month (still be reasonable) or allow yourself a singe portion of a desired item a couple of times a week to ward off feelings of deprivation. If you really want to do this a food scale is important and will really help teach you proper portion sizes.
    My goal was 40 lbs and I am already halfway there in just over 2 months. Getting a community of friends on here is helpful for me since if I am having an off day I get encouragement and others success are helping motivate me. Feel free to add me as a friend as I post quite often.
  • tandemingtroll
    tandemingtroll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you lose 1 lb per week you can be close to your goal. Just keep track of what you eat and how much of it. Forgive yourself for having a bad day but don't let it become a trend. You can do this!
  • kecarney71
    kecarney71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have the same goal! Feel free to "friend" me...I will be happy to encourage you!
  • Sway917
    Sway917 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've lost 60 lbs since July. :-)
  • vickyrose94
    vickyrose94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had a similar goal! Down about 30lbs in 3 months so yes it's definitely doable! Be prepared for weight loss plateaus and know that 0.5-2lbs a week is the healthy weight loss range. Most people lose it quickly at first before reaching a slowdown. If you would like you could 'friend' me :smile: I've taken several courses in nutrition and kinesiology so I'm somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff even if I let myself gain as much weight as I did.