What to drink?

mhwitt74
mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
Other than just plain old water what are some of the low calorie beverages you guys drink? Also do you use artificial sweeteners?

Replies

• nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Every once in a while I get a craving for diet Dr. Pepper, probably drink one or two a month. I really do prefer water so that's all I drink. I always have a water bottle with me so I always have something to drink when I'm thirsty
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    I drink mostly water, milk, tea and coffee. I've never been much of a soft drink person, but occasionally I'll have diet lemonade or ginger beer. I have no issues with the taste of artificial sweeteners in soft drink, but I prefer sugar in my tea/coffee.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Coffee, black.
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Oh i forgot, I have a protein shake with milk an hour before I workout. I don't feel like eating in the morning so it gives me just the kick I need to kill it in the gym
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    I drink plain water ... but not cold ... I prefer the taste and satiaty of drinking hot water ... like tea water without the tea bag. Sip, Sip, Sip ... since I swtiched to hot water from cold I drink several more cups a day.

Milk and coffee are my other liquids.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    I drink a lot of water but add something like Stur or Mio Vitamin every other refill to keep it interesting. They are stevia based and I am fine with having that. Been trying to limit artificial sweeteners like aspartame but will still have a diet soda a few times a month. I've also been drinking a lot of iced green tea with mint or orange.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    I drink coffee (with a bit of milk), water kefir (that I make myself, it's low but not zero calorie), and diet pop (less than one a day, but it's nice sometimes). And then a bit of beer and wine to keep life good.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    My big go to is herbal tea/tisane. I have a huge mug on my desk that I refill periodically through the day, using the same tea bag/tea serve. It barely has flavour by the end of the day but I like it.

At home, I have a soda Stream and drink fizzy water with a squirt of lime or lemon juice.

I drink the occasional Coke Zero or Pepsi Max, or other zero calorie beverage. I have nothing against artificial sweeteners.
  • mhwitt74
    Thanks for all the answers! I have been drinking more tea, make my own blend that is only slightly sweet with real sugar. I also found this flavored water called Agua Active hydration that has some electrolytes but is sweetened with sucralose. I am on the fence about artificial sweeteners. This health risk/benefits are all over the place. Just depends on who is writing the article.
  • kmorrow0712
    kmorrow0712 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm an ex soda fiend so I drink a lot of Grapefruit La Croix. I really just need the fizz. Also, coffee, and water of course.
  • maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    I love the fizziness of carbonated drinks. I drink carbonated water, I used to drink diet pop, but now, being a little more aware, the chemicals in them is scary. I can't drink regular Pepsi or Coke anymore, it's too sweet for my taste. So carb water, or plain, but I prefer the fizz...:)
  • maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Shoot, and tea, a lot of tea...lol
  • mhwitt74
    I'm an ex soda fiend so I drink a lot of Grapefruit La Croix. I really just need the fizz. Also, coffee, and water of course.

Tried that La Croix. I don't know how you drink it. It's definitely not for me lol
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Tap water, black coffee, unsweetened iced tea.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    16 oz coffee w/ 2 Tbs of Almond Milk Creamer daily, protein smoothies, occasional sprite or ginger ale (quit soda basically 6-7 years ago), occasional flavored water like a crystal lite packet, tons of water, wine sometimes, lemonade?
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    I drink Pepsi max everyday and have no problem with artificial sweeteners. I also drink crystal light and unsweetened tea.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Coffee, tea, iced tea. No sweeteners. Just don't like them.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Ditto on coffee, water, tea. Oh, and wine!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    When i get sick of plain water i add some no added sugar cranberry juice to my water. 250ml is plenty added to a 1.5L bottle of water. The cran juice i use is 13 calories per 250ml.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Coffee, iced tea, sparkling water, diet soda