CLEAN low carb snacks for diabetes??

Options
koclayton
koclayton Posts: 1 Member
HELP! I'm a type 2 diabetic and have to get this under control. I don't want to sabotage myself again by changing everything and becoming overwhelmed. I need some low to no carb snack options that are quick and easy. Please and thank you!!

Replies

• cdgallagher943
    cdgallagher943 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How many carbs per meal does your doctor, that monitors your diabetes, recommend?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I shoot to include all macros in my snacks. For T2. Do you test your blood sugars regularly (daily)? Are you on any medication?
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love roasting shaved Brussels sprout with salt and pepper at 500 on a sheet of parchment for about 5 min and then eating with kefir or a dash of balsamic
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Most berries are fairly low carb, and the carbs they do have are predominantly fiber. They are also good mixed into plain yogurt.

Dark chocolate is fairly low carb...but it has to be high cacao content...72% or 85% types. These are much less sweet than milk chocolate. A very small amount of this is very satisfying. I sometimes have it with a spoonful of natural (no sugar) peanut butter.

I also snack on cheese, almonds, hard boiled eggs, hummus with baby carrots or other raw vegetables, and cottage cheese.