I am so frustrated!

Options
13»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    cashidy wrote: »
    Is it normal to lose weight and not inches?

Yes, at least temporarily. While losing, I found that while both my weight and measurements would gradually drop, they didn't stay in sync. Sometimes I'd drop some inches, later weight; sometimes weight, later inches.

Also, especially at first, it may take some multiple pounds of loss to see a difference in measurements: You can be losing fat from areas we don't conventionally measure (face, for example); or losing tiny bits from many places, such that you don't really see those 1/8 inch differences in each individual measurement.

Patience! Weight loss is a slow process (if one wants to preserve health, strength, and vitality while doing it, anyway). Over an extended time, those tiny changes day to day end up being a big deal.

If you get discouraged, go read some of the "Most Helpful Posts" in "Success Stories", and you'll see what folks achieve with persistence and patience. So worthwhile!
  • knittingdianne
    knittingdianne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of helpful information in the responses. I needed to hear them too. Good luck to you. I'm sure that you will see progress soon.
  • cashidy
    cashidy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I finally am seeing progress as my sodium levels decrease and my exercise and gym time increases. I just need to realize it takes time.