Question for the veterans - calorie counting

13»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    I've often thought why not just eat the amount of calories you should at your goal weight and call it a day! Glad to see a post on this obvious solution.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    I've often thought why not just eat the amount of calories you should at your goal weight and call it a day! Glad to see a post on this obvious solution.

It works but may be too few calories for someone with a lot to lose and it could be very slow for someone with only a little to lose. I do like the idea though.
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Sara1791 wrote: »

It works but may be too few calories for someone with a lot to lose and it could be very slow for someone with only a little to lose. I do like the idea though.

It might just be the right amount of calories for me, at my current stats ;)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member

If you want to see me turn into a absolutely jerkface, give me 1250 calories to eat. There's a reason that calculators give us a deficit for the amount we're trying to lose based off our current weight. Because it's a reasonable deficit that helps us lose weight at a responsible rate.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    mou_254 wrote: »
    Sara1791 wrote: »

It might just be the right amount of calories for me, at my current stats ;)

Cool! I think if I had that kind of patience, I'd do it too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I ate 1700ish the whole time. It was basically TDEE-20%, except that my activity level went up, so that made up for the lower weight. 1700 is my maintenance now if I'm pretty much sedentary (but I'm far from it so I can still lose at 2000).

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Verity1111 eats this way too i think. i plan on doing so on my diet break in july. i mess around with my calorie goals occassionally depending on how i'm doing. i was set to 1 lb per week and eating some / most exercise calories back and my rate of loss wasn't panning out. either my ci or co was inaccurate, so i switched to 1.5 lb per week on the week days and all exercise calories back and 1 lb per week on the weekends to give myself more room for bad estimates. we'll see how that goes for a while. as it stands right now if i eat at maintenance for my goal weight i'll be eating more than at the 1 lb per week goal. tooooo slooooooow.
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    I see both ends of the spectrum here; people who think it is too little and people who think it is too much. I'll see how I cope with it! :wink: