IIFYM Repeatable and Tasty Please and Thanks

Options
Hello fellow fitness pals. I'm just getting my feet wet with the IIFYM diet. I'm hopeful that someone here might have a skeleton plan they follow, including a repeatable weekly meal plan. I've been scouring the web, and really haven't found anything I feel is easy to sustain week after week. I don't mind meal prep, but I really don't have a whole lot of time between work and activities. Looking forward to your ideas!

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What do you like to eat? IIFYM is geared toward getting your nutrients from whatever combination of foods work for you.

You might try logging your intake for a couple of weeks to see where your macros naturally fall and then tweak your intake to get it closer to the macro balance you want. I aim for 80% of calories from nutrient-dense foods and 20% from treats but you might want to reduce the treat calories depending upon your goals.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    IIFYM... if it fits YOUR macros. someone else's meal plan isn't going to help you unless you have similar macro goals.
  • papa_smurf73
    papa_smurf73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    IIFYM... if it fits YOUR macros. someone else's meal plan isn't going to help you unless you have similar macro goals.

Thanks for the feedback. While I agree with this.. If someone has a base plan they follow I can always adjust volumes. The key is repeatable for this guy. I know the premise of this diet, and that it is based on MY needs, but that's not the question I'm asking here. I'm asking for just some samples, or examples to help percolate my brain a bit. Keep the ideas coming, I greatly appreciate them.
  • papa_smurf73
    Options
    ^^^!!! Like this

Thank you!
  • papa_smurf73
    Options
    Thank you! Any other takers?
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow fitness pals. I'm just getting my feet wet with the IIFYM diet. I'm hopeful that someone here might have a skeleton plan they follow, including a repeatable weekly meal plan. I've been scouring the web, and really haven't found anything I feel is easy to sustain week after week. I don't mind meal prep, but I really don't have a whole lot of time between work and activities. Looking forward to your ideas!

I feel like you're missing the point a little. (I meant this completely constructively by the way, feel free to message me if you want more detailed guidance.) The point of flexible dieting (IIFYM) is that it's sustainable because it doesn't limit any foods. That being said, the 80/20 rule applies; 80% of what you eat will be whole foods and 20% "cheat" type foods because you couldn't eat 100% "cheat foods, your macros would be horrendous.

My point is, you don't need a meal plan with IIFYM. You set your macros (can be tricky and need some tweaking) and you eat accordingly. My "meal prep" is putting my food together every night for the next day based on what I want to eat and have in the fridge. I pre-log my main meals each night for the next day, then fill the macro gaps with whatever I want. For example, I'll eat 300g grilled chicken, 1 cup rice and some broccoli for lunch and dinner but fill in with poptarts if that's what I'm in the mood for. I find pre-logging keeps me from getting to dinner and realizing I only have 1g carbs, 10g fat and 100g of protein because I went a little crazy with carbs and fat throughout the day! If you log before you eat, you can tweak. If you eat first...well, you already ate it.

As for me, I'm 6', 200lbs and currently eating in a deficit and carb cycling but feel free to creep my food diary. Again, also happy to help with any specific questions.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    you can look at my diary if you want - its open and I follow IIFYM - but like others have said - you need to figure out what is repeatable/sustainable for you