I'm just about DONE with this site!!!

Options
LindieM49
LindieM49 Posts: 5 Member
I attempted to log on last night: down for maintenance.
I attempted to log on this morning: down for maintenance.
I tried again about an hour later, and finally got into my dialy log.

Just NOW??? EVERYTHING in my daily log for the past 2 days (it's only my 3rd day) is GONE!

Very frustrated, and just about to dump this whole thing unless someone has an idea on how I can retrieve the past two days AND prevent all this from happening again!

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Also always take screenshots so, that you've a record if/when this; occurs & thus don't entirely, lose your; data!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    It told me that a few times today, but it's not a normal occurrence.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Also, if your logging on your phone app and expect to see it on your desktop it doesn't always works that way. You may have logged it on your phone but the phone may not have connected instantly and is waiting for a better connection to update. Not saying that's what happen to you but things like this happen.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hey Lindie, this is very unusual, I only experienced the issues you're having today for a little bit, I just walked away and came to it later and it was fine. I'm sure they've fixed the issue.
  • packetpusher51870
    packetpusher51870 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've also noticed some sync/down issues with the site over the last two days. I've noticed that if you refresh a couple times you can usually get the request through. Based on the symptoms I'd guess they were having some issues with load-balancing or server clustering. Check back later to see if you got your last two days back, if it is a problem with clustering and you just started, your stuff may not have gotten sync'd properly, but could be recoverable.

Overall I agree with the sentiments posted above, the site is usually very stable (and I'm Network/Cloud Engineer, so I'm usually very critical), you just had bad luck with your start time, don't give up on it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • desidelay
    desidelay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for years, and this morning was the ONLY time I have experienced it being down. This is a great site you should give a chance.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Mine was down for maintenance for a LONG time yesterday, and also this morning. Often I log in and cannot access my page or diary but can access the forums. All this is very frequent. I don't have answers. I wish I did.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    This is not unusual. Under Armour bought MFP awhile ago. Since then, there have been a lot of issues. I've been on MFP for almost 4 years. Since UA has been 'in control' - there's been problems. I've logged tickets multiple times with Tech Support. They are not helpful. All I can say is - it's free - therefore I use it.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Today was the first time in over a month I had issues
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Lol... when I discovered they were down for maintenance this morning, I fully expected to come back & find my news feed not working properly for 6 months, or some other major problem caused by something they "fixed" (hint:
    it's happened before!). It's a thing on MFP... you'll grow to love it (or at least stop pulling your hair out when it happens ;) )
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    The website or you phone app? This might be related to your operating system updating. I have experienced no issues with MFP.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Double post.