New to Colorado

Options
Candibar520
Candibar520 Posts: 29 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I recently moved here from Texas, and I've put on some weight in the past year that needs to come off. My goal is to lose at least 35 lbs, possibly more. I haven't made any friends yet so I've been getting on the treadmill at home along with other workouts. It's kind of hard doing it alone. Let's help each other!

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Colorado! I just moved FROM Colorado in September to FL. There's a ton of things to do when the weather is nice there. Hiking, biking, mountain climbing, skiing, etc. Depending on where in CO you are, the mountains shouldn't be too far away! I hope you enjoy it. We like the ocean better :)
  • Candibar520
    Options
    Thank you. I love the ocean too, but I love the weather here too. Especially no humidity.
  • Sashhbear
    Sashhbear Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Where in Colorado do you live? I live in the Thornton area. How do you like it so far?
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I've been in Denver over 10years now and I find the culture to be much more active than in other parts of the country (been to 41/50 states). You should have no problems finding active buddies. Welcome!
  • Candibar520
    Options
    Sashhbear, I'm in Aurora, and I really like it here.
  • Candibar520
    Options
    Thank you, rhia.
  • snb25
    snb25 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a colorado native.moved to Denver from the springs last year.live on the west side by golden.looking for new friends as well since I don't know anyone here.stay at home mom and struggling to lose wieght.maybe we could be friends
  • PrincessMel72
    Options
    Yeah after living in CO for 6 yrs and just now experiencing humidity again (I grew up in MI and have lived in many humid states including Hawaii), I miss the dry air of CO. :)
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You picked the second most fit state in the u.s. Losing weight should be a piece of cake, there is so much to do in Colorado outdoors!
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Sashhbear, I'm in Aurora, and I really like it here.

I joined Planet Fitness and there are a couple out in Aurora, I like the atmosphere, maybe it would work out for you?
  • GoodVibes71
    GoodVibes71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Alone is hard hopefully u have made friends here ! Add me if you like !!
  • Zengrizzly
    Zengrizzly Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Aurora guy here. Would love more Colorado friends. Please add if you want some support and encouragement! I would have added you all but figured I'd post first in case the adds were specifically for poster. :D
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Colorado! I'm in the Thornton area, and would love to give some local encouragement. We used to live down in the Aurora area, and love to walk wherever :) . Feel free to add me!
  • Candibar520
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I'm getting a Garmin Fitness Tracker and some new Yoga DVDs to try so I'm looking forward to it. The challenge may be staying under my calories.
  • dirtyrose2007
    dirtyrose2007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Colorado! I made the move from Texas to the Denver area around the end of last year. Don't really feel connected out here yet (been busy with work since moving). I'd love to add local friends. Open to anyone who wants a reciprocal support buddy.
  • Candibar520
    Options
    Honestly, people don't seem as friendly here as in Texas. Welcome to Colorado too!
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the whole Boulder, CO bit at the mo. I'm not only from out of town, try another country for size. In general I've found people friendly here! Anyone feel free to add.
  • EthanPierre
    EthanPierre Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the grind! I hope you can stay focused on eating clean and training. Sounds like you're determined and dedicated! Don't obsess over it, just do your thing and day by day you'll get better and better! Welcome to the weight loss, healthier living family @Candibar520 !!!
  • PrincessMel72
    Options
    Honestly, people don't seem as friendly here as in Texas. Welcome to Colorado too!

It's true - I've seen a massive influx of new people from other states and that caused a lot of the CO natives to get their feathers in a ruffle. The increase in traffic is the biggest sting, then the crowded and littered parks, hiking trails, venues, etc. I lived there for a year in 2008 and things were MUCH nicer, along with the people. I moved back in 2010 and just moved to FL about 6 months ago. From 2010 till now, there have been more than 300,000 new people that have moved to CO. That's why they're not as friendly anymore!