Fell off the bandwagon

Options
I'm almost 20 and close to entering my second year in college. I indulged a bit too much in college. I fell in love with all the desserts and have three meals a day that I am required to use. Poor habits have brought me up to 182 lbs t 5'8 in a couple of months. I didn't even see it coming. Most of it has accumulated at my stomach which is about 42 inches at this point (was 37 last time I logged in). Part of my issue is I am extremely busy and cannot run do to medical issues with my knees.

The weight has begun to take its toll on my body. I want to stop this cycle but I find it very difficult.

Replies

• Sharp123321
    Sharp123321 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Likewise I would like to get out of t-shirts and sweat pants -_-
  • riley_kinnett
    riley_kinnett Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had literally the exact same issue, although I don't have medical knee issues. All I can say is start logging and get back to the gym. No excuses. You want it bad enough you will work for it.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Start logging and weighing/measuring your foods. Only YOU can make yourself accountable. I have horrible knees (patellafemoral syndrome in both) so I ride the exercise bike at our apartment gym and walk as much as I can. You can also use an elliptical, do yoga, swimming, etc. Knees can be a pain to work around, but it can be done!
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You don't have to run you know low intensity workouts do exist try the elliptical machine, or even walk on the treadmill if you like. I don't she the treadmill at all I just use the elliptical machine for cardio. Good luck!! You can do this just eat what MFP recommends! You will lose weight as long as you're in a deficit unless some other reason exists.
  • Sharp123321
    Options
    I'm not sure how to log the college food in to mfp cause I'm not sure what they put in it.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to log the college food in to mfp cause I'm not sure what they put in it.

Ask the college kitchen if they have any type of nutrition information
  • Sharp123321
    Options
    I can try that. The strange thing is I don't feel overweight, I'm not even sure if I am yet. The only thing that gets in the way and slows me down is my gut. I am trying to mentally convince myself I should loose some weight.