Is it bad???

Options
So I know they say not to over do it and to rotate workouts but I always have the urge to do strength and cardio the same day and then go home and cant sit still so go walk a few miles then come home and play kinects. And I want to do it every day Im off! Is that bad? I feel so restless when Im at work (24 hr shifts, on one day and off two) and am too busy to workout on duty. I dont want to hurt myself but my body wants to keep going when it gets started. I just started working out a month ago and thought it would be hard to get motivated to get going, not the other way around. Any pointers?
-D-

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I do strength training and cardio both days. I do cardio every day, and then with that I do either upper body exercises or lower body exercises. and alternate. Your muscles need to rest so they can grow, so don't do the same strength training exercises every day.
  • PayShi
    PayShi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My friend avidly was doing pretty hardcore workouts but she would always allow ONE rest day a week. I'm not a doctor, so I don't know the real answer here but possibly talk to your doctor and ask his opinion. He/She will know for sure if it's okay for you to do all that working out. :)
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    I feel you I do cardio in the mornings and lift at 4:30 five days a week, go jog at night almost every night and I still want more
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I am now up to about 3hours of cardio a day..sometimes more..I do it because I enjoy it..I bought an HRM and set my Zone at 65%-75% and try not to go higher than that...I don't think thats bad..it would be like having an active job I think...
  • sassymedic1426
    sassymedic1426 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!