Loose skin and Organic Bone Broth

Options
Hey all,

So, I'm losing weight I've held onto for about 25 years so since I'm older and my collagen/elastin is depleted my skin is sagging. The trade off is worth it but would LOVE to have tauter skin. I exfoliate and drink EXORBITANT amounts of water but a friend of mine advised that kettleandfire has an organic bone broth that assists with skin tautness. Was curious if anyone had tried it or has other tips for getting rid of the sags.

Thanks!
Jimmy

Replies

• buffinlovin
    buffinlovin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like bone broth because it's tasty (I generally just make my own at home using bones from whatever meat I'm cooking and some veggies, simmered low and slow all day), but I wasn't aware of any benefits to help with skin, sadly :(

I would probably just keep doing what your doing, keep hydrated, moisturize/exfoliate and give it time!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    Me too have traded my fat for large amount of loose skin, but I can hide that with clothes now I am so much smaller!! We do have bone broth, it is very tasty, but no, it has not helped with the oversized skin!! I do yoga, pilate's, walk 8 miles or so per day, this has all helped to tone me, but unfortunately​, has not tighten the loose skin! Us more mature ladies have to accept that our skin looses its elasticity.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    "Organic" is neither here nor there. Gelatin or collagen is supposed to help with this, and a friend of mine swears that it does, but it's hard to tell for sure.

When did "bone broth" become a thing, by the way? Of course you put bones in when you make stock! I never imagined there was any other way to do it.

It sounds cooler when you call it "bone broth." It really does... B)
  • rubysliipers08
    rubysliipers08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about it helping loose akin, but I take bone broth supplements for gut health and have found it really great.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Well the only thing that really helps is time so technically you'll see an improvement no matter what you choose to eat and drink.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't make bone broth, but use a collagen supplement which is hydrolised beef gelatin. I add 4g in my coffee every morning, it is tasteless and flavourless.

I don't have any loose skin, but this could be luck/genetics or the fact that i only had 30lbs to lose, or it could be the collagen...
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    The advice I got from a certified nutritionist when I stated to lose weight was that incorporate a workout routine to my diet. She did encourage that I strength train and not just do cardio. Strength training has me feeling a lot stronger, and I can lift more. So I would say not sure about the broth logic but if you're not strength training please start!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    When did "bone broth" become a thing, by the way? Of course you put bones in when you make stock! I never imagined there was any other way to do it.

Yeah I don't get the "bone broth" term. Very weird. You make chicken stock or beef stock...with leftover bones. It's the bits of meat clinging to the bones that flavor the broth. "Bone broth" actually sounds gross. :s
  • Zengrizzly
    Zengrizzly Posts: 76 Member
    Options
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Yeah I don't get the "bone broth" term. Very weird. You make chicken stock or beef stock...with leftover bones. It's the bits of meat clinging to the bones that flavor the broth. "Bone broth" actually sounds gross. :s

You get a lot of flavor from the marrow too.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I thought the bone broth was made from loose skin and bones. Ew.