Help!!

Options
So just recently I started working out (5weeks). I really haven't worked out since early 20's. Started calorie counting a little of a week ago. I'm doing pretty well but hard you break old habits! Love seeing others success helps motivate me to keep going although the process is slow!

Replies

• cdgallagher943
    cdgallagher943 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Develope a battle plan, put it in motion, adjust fire as needed to stay on target. Remember, it's one day at a time.
  • AObravo123
    AObravo123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    One day a friend walked up to me and asked what's your secret..
    I don't really have one but I pretended I did just to make him believe in success.. I said
    "two things, routine and consistency. If you have a routine where you come to the gym and do it consistently you will succeed."

He came to the gym day after day week after week, year after year and went from a fatty to a solid hulk.

True story
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    the biggest thing that keeps me motivated is MFP. It changed my life years ago and I stay motivated by watching others succeed :-)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It almost becomes an addiction for me. If I miss a workout I just don't feel as happy. I love the way I feel when I exercise; the gym is my therapy. I took a couple months off around the holidays and I kept referring to myself as fluffy and I didn't like that feeling. You are doing wonderful, keep it up
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Motivation for me! In a nut shell, the fountain of youth is working out! Look better, feel better!
  • Amir2891
    Amir2891 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bad habits are hard to brake cause we tell are self that. It's all in the mind. Find your goal and push, cause the body will achieve what the mind believes.

When you feel like quitting just remember why you start