When you reach your goal weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'll stay. For me the weight is just part of fitness. When I reach a weight goal the underlying fitness goals will still be there. Also, like many have written, continuing to log calories will help me keep the weight in line.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Staying for sure. I'm only 7 pounds from goal weight (less whatever I lose at weigh in tomorrow morning) but today I set a new goal of maintaining goal weight when I reach it and reducing body fat to under 10%. There will always be a new goal to reach for!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I'm staying. I've gained and lost so many times that I know if I don't track my food I won't be accountable. I'm a lifer :)

This is me. I've pretty much been on maintenance for 3 months but put back on a few over vacation. This site will ensure that those few go away and that they don't become 20 again.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I started MFP for my maintenance period after WW success. I need some tool to always make me aware of what I am consuming. Otherwise, I will be right back into the same place.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Staying for sure. I'm only 7 pounds from goal weight (less whatever I lose at weigh in tomorrow morning) but today I set a new goal of maintaining goal weight when I reach it and reducing body fat to under 10%. There will always be a new goal to reach for!

:drinker:
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Well I was 23lbs. away from my goal weight last fall (probably would have reached my goal weight slightly after Christmas/New Years this years if I had a support system). Instead I blew back up to 180lbs. and put on 37lbs. of my weight lost. So no. I NEED MFP.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Im going to stay :)
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm still here 3 months after reaching my goal! It helps me to know when I've had enough or even if I need more calories in the day.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I like to log my food just to see where I'm at and also love the before and after pictures posted here. MFP is just a fun site for recipes, before and afters, and I like the atmosphere here. So even though I'm not trying to lose weight I still enjoy staying.
  • bethy0316
    bethy0316 Posts: 75
    Options
    Staying ... so I don't go down that road again.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'll stay. I've always thought tracking your food was a good idea, but writing it down in a notebook and adding it all up manually was a pain, so I never did it. This site is perfect, and it's accessible anywhere with internet. It's fabulous! Plus, I love the boards!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    im thinking im gonna be on here for life lol....i don't think i can lose 130 lbs and then go back to "regular life" and not have a problem. i'm probably gonna need help forever, just to stay on track :flowerforyou:
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I've been maintaining for 2 years and I'm still here! I helps me to stay on track and holds me accountable for everything that goes in my mouth.
  • Lovesparklesandcupcakes
    Options
    I am one of those unfortunates that cannot keep track of my calorie count if it is not right there in front of me - same with money. If something says it is only 100 calories I am like "oooohh - i am gonna eat that 'cause I have soooo many calories left" and then 20 of those 100 calorie snacks later I have no clue how much I have eaten or that I am totally over for the day already. In other words - I am staying!! I need to be completely aware of what is going into me at all times otherwise I will lose control and be back here in a year wondering what happened!
  • obrienalana
    obrienalana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you a Kpop fan!?!? so am i! haha
    Anyways... yeah think ill stay on here to keep track of my excercise :)
  • king821
    king821 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    going to stay for sure...seeing that this is not my first time dieting, I need to stay on track...I really enjoy this site and love reading and seeing other peoples progress. :smile:
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    im thinking im gonna be on here for life lol....i don't think i can lose 130 lbs and then go back to "regular life" and not have a problem. i'm probably gonna need help forever, just to stay on track :flowerforyou:
    totally agree! and to help maintain and be role models for the new people who are starting the change to a new lifestyle
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Oh i will be on here forever too !
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    I started MFP for maintenance after having reached my goal weight. This helps keep me consistent.
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am staying. We live in a nation of not just plenty. . . but excess. I think of MFP as a tool to keep it all real.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!