The Honeymoon is Over!

Options
Hello! My name is Stephanie and I've been with MFP for years, but it had been so long since I had logged in, it was time to start fresh! My husband and I married in August, and once the wedding was over, I have to say, HOLY *kitten* was it refreshing to NOT have to worry about what I was eating and if I got a workout in or not! Granted this is necessary, and you shouldn't have to take yourself too seriously all the time, but I'm approaching the 8 month mark of "relaxing" and it's catching up to me.

In February I was told I had extremely high cholesterol and needed to make some immediate changes to my diet and exercise habits. This hit me hard, especially as a former smoker with high cholesterol and heart disease running in the family. Although the doctor said I didn't necessarily need to lose weight, I want to take this opportunity to loose a few extra pounds and tone up through strength training and yoga (shoutout to my Bad Yogi's / PBYP family!)

Who's wants to join me?! I'm looking for supportive friends that don't mind a few swear words sprinkled with sarcasm.

Feel free to add me :blush:

Replies

• spartantechie
    spartantechie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting my weight loss journey too after a long break from counting calories and adding few pounds. I have a competitive bet with my friend on losing weight and becoming healthy again in the next 90 days. Would love to have supporting friends along my journey :)
  • fancyfaxon
    fancyfaxon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add!