Paleo

Options
Does anyone know of the Paleo Diet?

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I know of it, and I know someone who is on it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
  • Trinitylee
    Trinitylee Posts: 14
    Options
    I just need some advice how to get this 50 pounds of baby weight off. I need a little insight. Can someone pleas give me some good advice?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I just need some advice how to get this 50 pounds of baby weight off. I need a little insight. Can someone pleas give me some good advice?

Eat less, move more - no special diet required!
  • realdisco
    realdisco Posts: 9
    Options
    Everyone always has recommendations for everyone, but Really,
    I highly recommend reading "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf. It's awesome and he writes in a very friendly way, not dry. He clearly explains how foods work inside your body and why the Paleo way of eating is really the way humans perform their best and avoid disease.
    You must already know, but paleo is the way humans ate during the Paleolithic era, before grain farming (eating meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts, potatoes. No grains of any sort. No dairy ).
    If you're worried about lacking nutrients in your diet, Robb very clearly explains why this isn't a concern with paleo eating, in the book.

Check it out!
  • RangerSteve
    RangerSteve Posts: 437
    Options
    Everyone always has recommendations for everyone, but Really,
    I highly recommend reading "The Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf. It's awesome and he writes in a very friendly way, not dry. He clearly explains how foods work inside your body and why the Paleo way of eating is really the way humans perform their best and avoid disease.
    You must already know, but paleo is the way humans ate during the Paleolithic era, before grain farming (eating meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts, potatoes. No grains of any sort. No dairy ).
    If you're worried about lacking nutrients in your diet, Robb very clearly explains why this isn't a concern with paleo eating, in the book.

Check it out!

Oh boy.

First off, be aware that Robb Wolf is also a fan of low carb dieting so his version of paleo differs from many others forms of paleo. I'm from the same area where he got his start and his followers are all around talking about avoiding bananas and every other fruit that contains sugar. That's not paleo, that's low carb.

Second, he's a fish oil fiend and talks about taking massive quantities of that stuff. Keep it in mind because you're going to be sweating salmon if you take as much as he suggests.

Finally, the paleo diet itself is contradictory because of the requirements that don't make sense. Yes, paleolithic people ate a certain way. That way is completely different depending on what part of the world you're from. Paleo people from Alaska ate whale, seal and other high fat/protein diet based foods with little or no veggies. Paleo people from the tropics ate a variety of wild fruit. You can see where I'm going with this. The way "foods work inside your body" is going to be more genetically dependent upon allergy tests to specific foods compared to what your ancestors ate.

PS - Keep in mind that you can still get fat and over-eat on the paleo diet. Eating more calories than you use will cause you to gain weight. You can't just much down salmon and 10 avocados a day and expect to lose weight.