i can do hard things

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
what have you done that you are surprised that you can do?

for me, it was walking 13 miles after having abdominal surgery 2 months before. i was worried about not being able to complete it. it made me realize i am stronger than i think sometimes.

you?

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I started here June 1st, 2011 ... and I'm surprised I can do the whole Jillian Michaels 30D Shred Video .. after falling and breaking my ankle in March 2011. Five days ago I did 3 pushups.. now I can do 26. It's amazing what we can do when we try our best!
    Cheers to everyone's accomplishments! :drinker:
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    this isn't a physical thing, but I went through a period after having my son that I thought I could not continue to work full time and take care of him...I work evenings so i would get home around midnight, he'd wake up around 2:30am and again at 5:30am and then I'd be up all day with im until I went to work at 2pm. OMG, I was miserable...but I stuck through it and now he sleeps all night long and I get much more sleep and I'm happy I stuck with it!!
  • kslindner
    kslindner Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm suprised, that after breaking my ankle, I was able to run my very first 5K... I didn't have any training or anything... I really didn't think I would be able to run so soon after getting my cast off. I was extremely proud of myself, because, at the time, after not being able to do any type of physical activity (cuz of the broken ankle), I was out of shape. But I did it!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Topic: i can do hard things

"that's what she said"

...leaves the room
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    For me it's playing Tennis! The running back and forth, and the quick stops, and need for quick reaction, etc. My husband who usually plays with me, still comments on how awesome and excited he is to see me being so active. Just never thought I would be involved in any kind of sport like that. I mean I love basketball, but never play, I only shoot hoops. Ahhh, maybe I should try it now that I am playing Tennis.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When I'm mountain biking, I like climbing WAY more than descending. I love how much it hurts.
  • godblessourhome
    Options

"that's what she said"

...leaves the room

lol. funny. better wording may have been more appropriate. :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I can run hills.

I'm really freaking proud of myself for this. HILLS! I run them, because I am awesome.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I'm suprised, that after breaking my ankle, I was able to run my very first 5K... I didn't have any training or anything... I really didn't think I would be able to run so soon after getting my cast off. I was extremely proud of myself, because, at the time, after not being able to do any type of physical activity (cuz of the broken ankle), I was out of shape. But I did it!

i can relate exactly to that feeling. way to go!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I can ride 50 miles on my bike.
  • carisatterwhite
    carisatterwhite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am going to a Zumba class this weekend. I am surprised I even signed up for it and I hope it goes well.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

"that's what she said"

...leaves the room
    GAH! I came in here specifically to say that!
  • kslindner
    Options

"that's what she said"

...leaves the room

LMAO!! Come back! That was funny! U didn't have to leave... ;-)
  • kslindner
    Options

i can relate exactly to that feeling. way to go!

Thanks!! :-)
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options

"that's what she said"

...leaves the room
    GAH! I came in here specifically to say that!

Ha! Me too!