Fitbit calories

Options
I have myself set at sedentary and I log my insanity workout every day. I wear a Fitbit for my heart rate monitor. At the end of the day MFP shows my Fitbit calories burned as well as I what I logged from insanity. I have just been deleting the Fitbit calories. Is this accurate?

Replies

• cntbrown
    cntbrown Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but it was my understanding, if you where a Fitbit, not to log calories burned manually, the Fitbit will log your calories burned.
  • notablish
    notablish Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's my understanding, too, to not manually log calories from any exercise into MFP if you're wearing the FitBit. Just go by FitBit calories. You can log the exercises into FitBit.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you wear a Fitbit, do not log your calories burned from working out manually. You're only doubling the calories burned. That's the beauty of wearing a Fitbit (or something like it) - it does the logging for you.

However, if you prefer your feed to show exactly what you were doing to burn those calories, then by all means, log it manually and delete what Fitbit logged for you, just as you're currently doing.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have myself set at sedentary and I log my insanity workout every day. I wear a Fitbit for my heart rate monitor. At the end of the day MFP shows my Fitbit calories burned as well as I what I logged from insanity. I have just been deleting the Fitbit calories. Is this accurate?

Yes - that is wrong.

Your FitBit is an activity tracker. You gave MFP an activity level when you signed up. The nice thing about syncing a FitBit is it will compare your stated activity level to your actual activity. Then it gives you credit when you are more active, and can take calories away for inactive days (if you enable negative adjustments).

I understand that Insanity may burn more calories (FitBits are best for step based). You could always quick add some bonus calories (if needed). However, trust the FitBit to do it's thing (for awhile). Many people have success without making adjustments.

Here's a link to the FitBit group.......find more info for your specific model
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users