What do you guys make with chicken breast?

Options
miinanov
miinanov Posts: 37 Member
I'm looking for healthy lunch recipes with chicken breast. How do you guys meal prep with it? Something under 400 calories.

Replies

• JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Chicken wrapped in bacon and pudding. Served with salad
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Not much...I don't particularly care for it.
  • lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Today I'm making grilled barbecue chicken. I just grill a few pieces of lean breast, brushed lightly with some low fat barbecue sauce. Along with that, brown rice and some steamed broccoli. Yum!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I prefer chicken thighs but either type I usually bake them, then pair them with some veggies and freeze for lunch meal prep. Breast has less fat and maybe it's my luck but always seems drier no matter what magic trick I do.
  • cherrypalmosa
    cherrypalmosa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yes
    Orphia wrote: »
    I've been eating 1 chicken breast, 1cup of brown rice and 1.5 cups of steamed broccoli. That around 550-ish calories so you could just reduce the portion sizes.

:o You don't have to punish yourself to lose weight!

You can eat pretty much whatever you want so long as it's within your calorie limit.

Best wishes.
    Orphia wrote: »
    I've been eating 1 chicken breast, 1cup of brown rice and 1.5 cups of steamed broccoli. That around 550-ish calories so you could just reduce the portion sizes.

:o You don't have to punish yourself to lose weight!

You can eat pretty much whatever you want so long as it's within your calorie limit.

Best wishes.

Absolutely right! As for me, I don't starve myself to achieve the weight that I wanted. Having a balance diet and proper exercise are the key to have a well maintained figure that everyone is craving for. Also, it must be coupled with discipline wherein there must always be limitations as well. What I love to make with chicken breasts is that I love to roast it, seasoned with salt and pepper.
  • CatLou76
    CatLou76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Veet705 wrote: »
    Feista chicken chili

3 chicken breasts
    1 can black beans drained
    1 can corn drained
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 jar of salsa

Throw in the crock pot for 3.5 hours high or 5 hours low.

Pull out the breasts and shred them with two forks and toss the meat back in, stir making sure all the shreded chicken is covered, cook uncovered on high for another 30 mins, serve with a dollop of low cal sour cream and a crumble of tortilla chips on top.

I normally get 6 serving out of this and its about 320 cal per serving depending on what salsa you use.

This is really good. I make it just about every week to bring for a few lunches. But I leave out the corn and put a little cheddar cheese on top.
  • PinkArlene
    PinkArlene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning and then smother with salsa, bake for 22-23 minutes at 415. I usually bake some sliced squash and/or zucchini at the same time that I have tossed with salt, pepper, olive oil, and herbs de provence seasoning
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    First of all, let me start by saying that chicken breast is my least favorite food, but it's also the leanest and you can eat it as many times as you want throughout the week.
    4-6 oz chicken breast
    1 oz of grape tomatoes (cut in fourths)
    1 oz shredded carrots
    3 oz brussel sprouts (cut if fourths, this is also a great "filler" because they are dense)

It's really bland, but it became an acquired taste over time.

Add me as a friend, I have this stored as a lunch items.
  • noraann1995
    noraann1995 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First of all, let me start by saying that chicken breast is my least favorite food, but it's also the leanest and you can eat it as many times as you want throughout the week.
    4-6 oz chicken breast
    1 oz of grape tomatoes (cut in fourths)
    1 oz shredded carrots
    3 oz brussel sprouts (cut if fourths, this is also a great "filler" because they are dense)

It's really bland, but it became an acquired taste over time.

Add me as a friend, I have this stored as a lunch items.