Flax?

Options
Not sure if this is the right place to post but does flax (Jamieson brand) tablets help with weight loss?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    No, but if you think they give you something you need in your diet or taste good flax seeds can be worth adding (you'd want to grind them or use a mortar/pestle). Never heard of taking them in a tablet before.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    No, but if you think they give you something you need in your diet or taste good flax seeds can be worth adding (you'd want to grind them or use a mortar/pestle). Never heard of taking them in a tablet before.

Nothing helps with weightloss except for a calorie deficit. However, I use flax to give some oompf to my oatmeal or eggs. It makes my oats fluff up more so I like them.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I've added it to oatmeal sometimes. I like the taste, and sometimes I want a bit more fat with breakfast.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it has helped with my weightloss, I credit my calorie deficit with that. I do add ground flax to yogurt and protein pancakes...it adds Omega-3 to my diet and helps boost my fiber intake.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I add ground flax seed to smoothies and chia seeds to oatmeal - they both have a lot of benefits
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I was pointed to flax seed to add more fiber to my diet, and the pill form I never really saw recommended. It'd be cheaper just to get some flax seeds and a mortar/pestle or inexpensive coffee grinder (as you get better nutrients when it's broken up) and add it to your food.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    No, but they're a great source of fiber and omega-3's. I like to put them in smoothies and bake it into bread and stuff.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It's snakeoil. SHM.