I lost 10 pounds! And no sizes :(

Options
So, it's probably just water weight I'll gain back, isn't it? :(

Replies

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Sizes are different for different people...sometimes I find that overnight an old pair of jeans will fit. Just keep swimming
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm down 11 pounds and I can just barely get into the next size lower. But a loss is a loss. Not going to make me throw in the towel. Keep at it.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have just started to fit into a size smaller tshirts and im 23 down
  • cashidy
    cashidy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Okay, so it's normal then. Makes me feel better :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I lost 40 Lbs total...I didn't go down in waist size for my pants until I was down about 35...granted, at my highest weight my pants were fitting pretty tight, so they just fit better as I lost weight...when I hit about 35 Lbs down, they were just too lose and looked ridiculous so I went a size down.

I wear a 34 waist...when I'm at my normal weight, they're a bit loose and I'm really kind of in between a 32 and 34...I'm carrying about 10 extra pounds of winter weight at the moment and they still fit, but they're a little tight.

I wouldn't expect 10 Lbs to make a significant difference in sizing.
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 and I am just now able to zip up an old pair of jeans. Keep working t it as you slim down more you will see the difference in how your clothes fit.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I had this dichotomy in the middle of my weight loss and I figured it was partly to do with I was wearing a too small size before - those size 12 jeans getting tighter was one of the reasons I started. I was probably a 14 in jeans and in some sizing maybe a 16. Sizing is all over the place anyway depending where you shop.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cashidy wrote: »
    So, it's probably just water weight I'll gain back, isn't it? :(

Depends how much you have to lose altogether?
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs before dropping a dress size. I have now lost 80.5lbs in total and still only down (a tight) 2 sizes!
    Its very frustrating! but they will drop at some point!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Don't let that derail you, you lost 10lbs! That's fantastic. It took me until 15 or so to start dropping in size. Like someone else said - one day I woke up and my jeans fit. Keep at it! If you have a lot to lose, it may take a little longer.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    not necessarily. Ive lost 32lbs (which was my goal), and only went down 1 size, its just how my body is
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 lbs at 5'8", from 200 to 185. Some clothes have gotten too big. I buy a regular 16 now and most fit. Some large tops fit. I'm still in my size 18 jeans, but they are now loose instead of tight. So sizes do change. Keep going!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I started around the same time as you, OP.. and I've lost 11 so far.. still, no size difference.

However, given that I have lost this weight before, I don't recall the size difference really happening until I had lost close to 30lbs.

Discouraging, but at least I know what to look for this time around. It doesn't help matter that I am very "bottom" heavy and that that's where the majority of my weight is sitting instead of around my midsection or in my breasts. Oh well.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Bodies are weird and I'll go weeks with no weight loss, but lose an inch off the waist. The important issue to focus on is that you are seeing progress towards a goal.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    took me 75 to lose a size then i lost all the sizes at once -.-
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've always said "Don't force it"
    I'm down 26lbs and still wear the same shirts/pants as I did when I was 26lbs heavier. I will however buy new and or wear old skinny clothes once I get to half my goal, only then will I wear sizes I can definitely fit right now. It's all a mental thing for me. If I'm wearing clothes that fit all nice and to my size ill feel content, ill tell my self I've lost enough weight so therefor I can now slow down. This is why I yo-yo'd allot.
  • LucasWilland
    LucasWilland Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is to be expected. During the first part of dieting, you might see a big drop in weight loss. This is largely due to a loss of water and glycogen from being in a calorie deficit (note: this is an even bigger effect if you are on a low carb diet).

A better idea is to take weekly measurements of the waist, neck, and hips, and to take note of daily weight and to average it out for the week. This will give you a rough idea of whether or not you are losing weight at an appropriate rate, as the scale can fluctuate based on bowel content, water retention, salt intake, etc.

It is also possible that you may see fat loss happen faster from some areas rather than others. This is largely genetic, and there is nothing you can do about it. That's why it is possible to see your back becoming more defined yet your abs staying largely the same.
  • pattilindley
    pattilindley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 pounds and I'm down one size. The size change happened at about 15 pounds. I was really wearing a too tight size 16 and now I am wearing a comfortable size 14 depending on the pants. I'm not expecting to go down another size until about 30-35 pounds. Just keep going. 10 pounds is awesome!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 10 lbs!!! That's an amazing achievement, end of story.