Questions for the ladies (or anyone who can help lol)

Options
So its almost that time of the month and I'm feeling super bloated, crampy, and just not well. My weigh in day is tomorrow, should I skip it since I'm bloated or no? When will I feel better? Ive still had a calorie deficit every day and have been exercising . I guess I'm just nervous I haven't lost since I'm so bloated .

Replies

• RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I tend to not bother weighing myself if my period is near my weigh day (mondays) I know from experience that I gain a few lbs and it takes maybe a week to get back to normal.

If you're sticking to your calorie and exercise goals then there's nothing to worry about :)
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Do you use anything to track your weight loss trend? I use Happy Scale and no matter what I weigh in. It helps me understand why I see fluctuations on the scale. TOM is a big one, but so is excess sodium. Anytime I deal with either, up goes the scale. It keeps things in perspective. I say weigh in, embrace it, don't get hung up on it, and keep kicking *kitten*. And maybe look into a trend app to help give you that visual. Good luck!

ETA: For me, it helps if I get a lot of water in each day to combat the bloat. Usually +100 oz. Doesn't work for everyone, but it might be worth a shot to up your intake if it's not already higher.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    There is a different answer to this for every person. What will you personally do if the number is up?

Get frustrated and throw in the towel? - Don't weigh.

Say to yourself, "I know I'm doing the right thing. This is temporary PMS weight. It will go away." - Maybe you weigh.

Use a weight tracker like Happy Scale, weigh every day, note the fluctuations and learn their causes. - Go ahead and weigh.

(I'm in the 3rd camp personally.)
  • reichardtjessica
    reichardtjessica Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm on a new birth control (the IUD) and this is only my 2nd TOM with it and last month was horrible with bloating. Ill probably skip it so I don't feel bad about it. Thanks for your help!
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Skip it and work hard to resist the TOM cravings!
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Depending on how I feel as mines vary every single month I will weight if I'm not feeling bloated and crampy. I won't weight if I am
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I would skip it until you tom is over
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I SO do not miss those days. :)
  • reichardtjessica
    reichardtjessica Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't throw in the towel, but I would be a little disappointed honestly.
  • pbbananacoffeechocolate
    Options
    Weigh in as usual. Over time you will notice your body's weight patterns over the course of your cycle. You are just gathering data, try to observe without judgment! Over time, you'll be able to predict how your weight will fluctuate at your TOM and how long it takes you to bounce back. It will make subsequent months easier. :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I log it onto Happy Scale, with the knowledge that it's ovulation/TOM bloat and don't pay it any attention.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'd skip it if you think it'll just make you sad. It can be rough enough. Plus, at your next weigh in, you'll see a nice loss more than likely.