just starting

Options
Today i went to get my approval for my weight loss surgery and i have gained weight. I now need to lose around 25lbs to get approved. The nurse told me to start here. So here i am. I am excited but yet scared to start this. Which is probably why i ambushed my weight loss surgery. But i need to do this for real to save my health. I'm looking for some stories and how you got to where you need to be weight wise.

Replies

• MimiOfTheFraserValley
    MimiOfTheFraserValley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well done on taking steps to get healthy!! I've had several points where I've needed to get serious about my health, but the last one was my doctor telling me that, if I don't make real changes & get healthy, I could have a stroke or heart attack - or both - within the next ten years. Well, 8 1/2 now, since it was about a year & a half since that appointment. I'm certainly not perfect with how I live my life - I can't be completely strict with myself, or else I won't stick with it.

Part of my problem is that I'm scared of both failing & of success, which might sound weird, but a lot of people deal with this. It's going into the unknown &, while you know it's what's good & best, it's still unknown & different from what you've known. At least it is for me. I don't know your history.

Like you, I tend to sabotage my efforts, although for my health sake, & to avoid further issues, I really do want to be at my best & to live a healthy, balanced life.

All the best to you, wyattsmommie9, & I hope all goes well for you!! :):)