I lost 10 pounds! And no sizes :(

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    It seemed to me that women's clothes had more pounds between sizes at the larger sizes, and fewer pounds between sizes at the lower sizes. So, I went quite a while at first losing weight and still fitting in my old clothes. Once I was getting close to goal, it seemed like I needed new ones all the time - especially jeans/pants.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 as of today and am only down a size in certain brands - if you wear a size 10 or larger there is a greater difference between sizes so if you were on the large side of a 14 it will take a while to get into a 12. It also depends on WHERE the weight loss is on your body. I lose first in my face and back, then calves, arms, thighs and dead last is waist and hips which seem to dictate pant size.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 as of today and am only down a size in certain brands - if you wear a size 10 or larger there is a greater difference between sizes so if you were on the large side of a 14 it will take a while to get into a 12. It also depends on WHERE the weight loss is on your body. I lose first in my face and back, then calves, arms, thighs and dead last is waist and hips which seem to dictate pant size.

Ugh that's so annoying. Thanks standardized clothing sizing. :frowning: But I'm the same way. One pair loose, 1 pair semi-ok, other pair tighttighttight.
    I also loose similarly. Neck/Shoulders, cheeks, hands and feet have noticeable differences. I went down 2 shoe sizes, so annoying. My yoga mantra of "take it off the stomach, take it off my back" is not working.

You may be losing, just not in the areas you want to see, or are terribly noticeable.
  • twistedingenue
    twistedingenue Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10lbs and while I went down a size in jeans, I just barely needed the larger size. I don't think I'm ever going to be anything other than predominately medium in shirts either -- even when I hit my 30lb goal.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Depends on where you lose first. I always lose in my thighs and butt before my waist so my pants will get baggy in the legs and rear before I can comfortably go down a size in jeans;)
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't you love it when you work so hard to lose weight and the only place it seems to show is your face or your feet? I agree with most of the posted above, brand etc can have a huge effect on sizing. I know that I can wear the same wardrobe through a 20lb weight fluctuation. I seem to carry my weight everywhere and not in one targeted area. 10 lbs is a spectacular achievement and I hope you take the time to celebrate that. Good for you.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I found that when I was heavier I was wearing clothes that were too tight so it took longer to actually move down a full size. I lost 90 lbs total, eventually I was flying through sizes so quickly that I barely got to wear new pants before they were too big. But starting out was slower.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Bodies are different, we all store fat differently. The last place you gained will be the first place it comes off, and the first place you gained will be the last. But there is no accounting for how your body stores it, vs. how another body stores it. It's genetics. A 10 pound loss can come from a completely different area on your body, vs another person that also loses 10 pounds.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Like they all said. I'm finally to a point where I can get my "fat" jeans on and zipped without doing the dance again. I carry a lot of my weight in my hips and thighs so it really did take until I hit 30lbs to see the difference in clothing size there.

I'll be sticking with leggings for the confidence for a while though. :)
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    But do your current clothes fit better? I find that mine do with small amounts of weight loss.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get down because I haven't lost a size I always google images of what 10 or 15lbs looks like. And it always astonishes me that I had lost that much weight (and really 50 or so more to go). Congrats!
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's how it works. I have huge hips and being down 20 pounds only makes my jeans fit slightly better. I've lost noticeable weight around my jaw line and shoulders though!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I found that when I was heavier I was wearing clothes that were too tight so it took longer to actually move down a full size. I lost 90 lbs total, eventually I was flying through sizes so quickly that I barely got to wear new pants before they were too big. But starting out was slower.

This^^ I refused to go up another jeans size so I've lost almost 10lbs as well and I'm not down a size but I actually fit in my current wardrobe way better than I was
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options

I often think when people are saying they haven't dropped a size yet that perhaps they have been staying squeezed into clothes that were too tight initially or clothes that have streatched past their original size. Or maybe that is just because I know that is what I have done....
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I gained 30lb before I could no longer fit into my size 8s at all and had to go up to size 10. I've lost 20 of that now since joining MFP and am still between 8-10. I think I will need to lose the full 30lbs before my favorite jeans fit again.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Someone on these boards posted in a similar thread that it's like unwinding a roll of toilet paper. At first, it takes forever to notice a difference, but as you get closer to goal/the end of the roll, you really see the change!

I was down 25 before someone whom I hadn't told I was trying to lose weight noticed. I've now dropped 45 lbs and I'm down from a 3X to... depending on label/cut/style/part of the body it's supposed to cover 1X/20/20W and... I can get into an X (whatever that is, Laura Plus Petites!) where I'm not going to tear it if I move but it's just a little bit snug. This week.

Hang in there. It's going to happen soon.
  • lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 and I'm not down a size yet. My pants are looser, but my rear end's still too big to fit into a smaller size. LOL. Don't focus on it.
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It's usually when you lose 15 - 20 lbs that you can feel the difference in dress size. At least for me it is. If I lose more than 30 lbs, I also go down a whole shoe size and my rings fit better.
  • lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Minnie724 wrote: »
    Hang in there! It's usually when you lose 15 - 20 lbs that you can feel the difference in dress size. At least for me it is. If I lose more than 30 lbs, I also go down a whole shoe size and my rings fit better.

Whoa! Shoe size?

My shoe size hasn't changed since I was eleven.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lucypstacy wrote: »
    Minnie724 wrote: »

Whoa! Shoe size?

My shoe size hasn't changed since I was eleven.

Shoe size absolutely changes with weight loss. When I gained weight, I went up a half size. Lost the weight, and went back down to my normal size. I've heard this from lots of others too.