Hello there

Options
My name is Pearl and this is my first time ever using My Fitness Pal. A friend of mine recommended that I use this website to help me become successful in my goals. A little bit about myself - I'm 19 years old and currently in Cosmetology school. Hearing my teachers say that this career is full of people who should take care of themselves and to pretty much look good. That upset me to hear that so many people base your skills by how you look, but I'm not here to lose weight for them or for anyone. I'm here for me and I want to feel better about myself and to feel more confident. Well Good Luck Everyone! :)

-Pearl

Replies

• akellyiii
    akellyiii Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pearl!
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    you certainly came to the right place, this website is great!! It also has a great bunch of people that will help keep you motivated. Good luck on your goals.
  • amanda_100283
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck with your weight loss goals. It's good to hear people doing this for themselves and not for anyone else. You will probably notice that once you have decided to do this for yourself it with be easier, because YOU WANT it and it's not something you HAVE to do for someone else. Please feel free to add me as a friend for support if you'd like. And best of luck to you. :-)
  • nleidelmeyer23
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is a great place for support!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, but so far, I really love it. :) I'm glad you've decided to become healthier for YOU and no one else, because at the end of the day, it's not about what anyone else thinks. I'm in the same boat...I'm exercising and losing weight for MY benefit, not to please others. Good luck with your goals and school! :)