Ladies only! - TMI: TOM and bowel movement.

Options
Frappuzzino
Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
Hi ladies (hopefully, LOL)

Yes, this is very TMI but I'm hoping someone can help. My TOM starts between the 20th and 30th of the month. I usually have symptoms like bloating, tiredness, sore breasts during those 10 days.

Last month during the end of the month, 2 days before my cycle started, I had bright blood on the tissue after going "number 2". This happened both days before my period. Naturally, I was worried but my period started on the second day and the blood on the tissue stopped after that. This month, I've had bright blood on the tissue (my bowel movements are completely normal. No pain, normal color etc) the past 2 times I've had a movement (day before yesterday and today).

Anytime before and after the last week of the month, I have no blood at ALL on the tissue, but for some reason it happens leading up to the start of my cycle. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no idea. But that sounds like something I'd call my doctor about. Blood in the stool is not a good thing. It could be nothing, but it can't hurt to have it checked out by a doctor.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Probably a hemorrhoid (they don't always hurt or itch) or something similar, HOWEVER, check with your doctor soon--why mess around, why worry about it? Better to have the doc take a look and give you the all-clear.

Kris
  • Frappuzzino
    Options
    Sorry, no idea. But that sounds like something I'd call my doctor about. Blood in the stool is not a good thing. It could be nothing, but it can't hurt to have it checked out by a doctor.

It's not in the stool at all. :)
  • Thriceshy
    Options

I have an amazing hemorrhoid (if hemorrhoid growing were an Olympic sport, I'd do my country proud), and, while there is never blood IN the stool, there is occasionally blood ON the stool, as well as on the tissue.

I would have it checked. Like I said, it's probably not serious, but it's better to know for sure.

Good luck!

Kris
  • Frappuzzino
    Options

I have an amazing hemorrhoid (if hemorrhoid growing were an Olympic sport, I'd do my country proud), and, while there is never blood IN the stool, there is occasionally blood ON the stool, as well as on the tissue.

I would have it checked. Like I said, it's probably not serious, but it's better to know for sure.

Good luck!

Kris

I wonder if it's possible to only aggravate hemorrhoids during TOM? Like I said, I have it no other time except for the days leading up to my period. :/
  • ANewMaria2014
    ANewMaria2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If the blood is on the toilet tissue and not in your stool, then more than likely its hemmorids. I am a victim of hemmroids and they do not always hurt and you might not even know you have them. Still go to a doctor to be safe. Good luck!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    GOD no. No.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    GOD no. No.

the orangutan made me do it.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading this, but I just want this and "What's that Smell" to be next to each other on the topics. :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading this, but I just want this and "What's that Smell" to be next to each other on the topics. :laugh: :bigsmile:

You are excellent.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    bumping to make it closer to "What is that smell"
  • Thriceshy
    Options
    The best answer I can give is that the hormones associated with menstruation often cause the bowel muscles to relax, which makes for slightly harder, denser bowel movements, which can irritate an already existing hemorrhoid. The change could be imperceptable to most of us, but can make a difference where it counts.

See your doc, and then, if it's not too private, let us know. I'm sure others have the same issue/question.

Kris
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Sounds like hemorrhoids to me. They may get inflamed before your period. USUALLY red blood in stool is nothing to be alarmed by. It usually will indicate hemorrhoids or a fresh little cut/tear.
  • wdupie
    wdupie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    QUIT BLAMING ME
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The best answer I can give is that the hormones associated with menstruation often cause the bowel muscles to relax, which makes for slightly harder, denser bowel movements, which can irritate an already existing hemorrhoid. The change could be imperceptable to most of us, but can make a difference where it counts.

See your doc, and then, if it's not too private, let us know. I'm sure others have the same issue/question.

Kris

Or the other way around, and irritation from wipes. Just to go with the "whats that smell" thread... I actually have begun losing weight pretty predictablly with the TOM dump. Incidently, hemorrhoids can be inside a bit where you don't notice until they are irritated.

Red blood in stool is something to pay attention to, to disagree with another poster. But it may not be anything to worry over. Find out why, then don't worry.
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    QUIT BLAMING ME

ROFL!! (Don't be too surprised if no one asks you to be their friend TOM.)
  • Thriceshy
    Options

Kris

Or the other way around, and irritation from wipes. Just to go with the "whats that smell" thread... I actually have begun losing weight pretty predictablly with the TOM dump. Incidently, hemorrhoids can be inside a bit where you don't notice until they are irritated.

Red blood in stool is something to pay attention to, to disagree with another poster. But it may not be anything to worry over. Find out why, then don't worry.

This is actually the case with me, too--my period brings a few days of near-runs and a lot of irritation. But many (lucky) folks have the opposite problem

:-)

Kris