Support × slowwww progress in 2 months-16lbs

Options
opaenka
opaenka Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
So.... I have been in a 1.200k calories but really I only consume between 600-900 . Only Water (but I have always prefer water before anything) trying to stay between 30% in carbs but sometimes I hit 50% .
I have only lost 16 pounds in almost 2 months, I know some of you can do more. I stay active with house chores&walking 30 min . No pills! For some reason It doesn't feels like a lot of weight , any tips to loose more lbs ? I'm 185lbs ,5'6 GW-155LBS.

Replies

• moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    That's about where your weight loss should be, you really shouldn't try to lose more than 2lbs per week. Weight loss isn't about losing as much weight as fast as you can, it's about making small incremental lifestyle changes that are healthy and sustainable.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the above about the calories and 16 pounds in two months is far from slowwwww progress. That is really a very low calorie diet and not healthy or sustainable. You are likely losing muscle along with the fat because your body needs sufficient calories just for your bodily functions. You may not even be giving it enough for that.

Another thing to consider - the faster you lose the more likely you will have loose skin. The slower you lose the more time you have for skin recovery. I have taken a year to lose around 25 pounds and glad I did it slow. I have no loose skin at all other than that which occurs naturally due to age and gravity. (Whether or not this is backed up by science, it has been my experience.)
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Slow?? I've lost 15lbs in 60 days and am worried I'm losing a little too quickly.

ETA: missed the calorie part. You're eating too few calories girl!!
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week is just about as fast as you can lose weight. But eat 1200 at least and exercise more. It will be more sustainable for you. Make sure you're supplementing with a multi-vitamin, vitamin D, and fish oil. Those will help keep you healthy and satiated.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week, at your size, is actually a little too fast. You should be aiming for a pound a week (and PLEASE eat 1200+ calories).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    2 pounds a week, at your size, is actually a little too fast. You should be aiming for a pound a week (and PLEASE eat 1200+ calories).

You should be losing no more than 1 lb per week. Once you get to 175, it should be .5 lb per week. 2 lb per week is for people with 75+lbs to lose.
    At this rate you WILL lose muscle along with fat, which is very bad. You are under nourishing your body which can result in fatigue, hair loss, brittle nails, bad skin, and many unseen medical problems. Read all the info on this site about healthy weight management and make an appointment with the doctor soon. This is very serious.