Looking for different dessert ideas

Options
Twinmom1221
Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
I'm having an experimental dinner tomorrow night where each dish has something new/different in it. I am making the cauliflower crust pizza, veggies and dip made with cottage cheese, and a dessert-I'm stuck on the dessert.

Please share any suggestions for fun but easy (and preferably fairly inexpensive) dessert ideas.

Replies

• wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I made a rhubarb crisp the other day that was SO yummy. Is that different enough for your fun dinner? :)
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hungrygirl.com has some neat ideas..we tried plain nonfat yogurt mixed with a liitle crystal light, sliced berries and a bit of Kashi golean cereal on top for crunch.
  • jjcook96
    jjcook96 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have heard Brownies! Any brownie box with a can of pumpkin puree! Supposed to be good! I made white cake mix last night with 10oz (or can) or diet sunkist or diet orange soda. I put them in muffin tin and they taste like orange creamsicle! No icing but you could use cool whip. Supposed to be 100 calories.
  • jarnie
    jarnie Posts: 6
    Options
    Pineapple Angel Food Cake

1 14 or 16 oz size Box of Angel Food Cake
    1 22 oz can of Pineapple crushed undrained

Pour pineapple into cake mix and mix with a wooden spoon until moist

Pour into ungreased 13X9 cake pan and bake @350 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy

ps you can also use Blueberrie or cherry or whatever they have pie filiing
    and use the same instructions above.
    Jackie
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Have you tried this site? http://www.skinnytaste.com/ She has some wonderful recipes!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake trifle: cake cubes, sugar free pudding, berries, and non fat cool whip

Rainbow sherbet roll - angel food cake (baked in a jelly roll pan) spread sherbet on top - roll & freeze. Easier than it looks.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/rainbow-sherbet-roll/1dd90241-056f-4658-88a5-6e36985f67f8
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

1 14 or 16 oz size Box of Angel Food Cake
    1 22 oz can of Pineapple crushed undrained

Pour pineapple into cake mix and mix with a wooden spoon until moist

Pour into ungreased 13X9 cake pan and bake @350 for 30 minutes.

Enjoy

ps you can also use Blueberrie or cherry or whatever they have pie filiing
    and use the same instructions above.
    Jackie

This sounds really good!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

This is always a hit and one of my favorites to make. One I made the other day was a "Yellow Butter Diet Soda Cake."

Betty Crocker - Yellow Butter Cake Mix - Mix Only, 1 cake
    A&W - Diet Rootbeer Soda, 10 oz
    Eggs - White only, raw, 2 large
    Kraft - Fat Free Cool Whip, 24 tbsp. (equal to 1 1/2 cup)

Add first 3 ingredients together and mix w/ a spoon. Bake according to the cake instructions. Let cool completely and top with cool whip. Serves 15

Calories- 143 Carbs-31 Fat - 1 Protein-1 Fiber-0 Sodium-242
  • IvyGirl1015
    Options
    You can also do this with chocolate cake mix and 10 oz of diet coke...it's delicious
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You should do the frozen banana "ice cream". It looks and tastes a lot like ice cream but doesn't contain any cream or refined sugar!

Cut bananas into slices (about 1-1 1/2 bananas per person)
    Freeze them
    Put into food processor and blend until "ice cream" texture

I promise it's super delicious! You can even add vanilla extract, fresh fruit, or chocolate syrup to jazz it up.
  • webfootcajun
    Options
    crunched up low fat graham cracker crumbs, layered under a mix of fat free, sugar free vanilla instant pudding (made with skim milk) and fat free (sugar free if you can find it) cool whip, pour on (lightly) sugar free chocolate icing (pillsbury) that has been melted in the microwave until liquid.. layer this twice. Not sure what its called but it is fantastic and cost about $10 to make
  • slheflinVA
    slheflinVA Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You should do the frozen banana "ice cream". It looks and tastes a lot like ice cream but doesn't contain any cream or refined sugar!

Cut bananas into slices (about 1-1 1/2 bananas per person)
    Freeze them
    Put into food processor and blend until "ice cream" texture

I promise it's super delicious! You can even add vanilla extract, fresh fruit, or chocolate syrup to jazz it up.

Do the bananas turn brown?
  • slheflinVA
    slheflinVA Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    crunched up low fat graham cracker crumbs, layered under a mix of fat free, sugar free vanilla instant pudding (made with skim milk) and fat free (sugar free if you can find it) cool whip, pour on (lightly) sugar free chocolate icing (pillsbury) that has been melted in the microwave until liquid.. layer this twice. Not sure what its called but it is fantastic and cost about $10 to make

I call it Chocolate Eclair dessert. YUMMY!!!
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the great ideas. I'm going to make the No Bake Fudgey Balls from the skinnytaste website. Since there will only be two of us at dinner I can make these and have one or two and then freeze the rest to bring into work.

I will however, be trying the banana ice-cream. My kids love bananas and ice-cream so this sounds like a winner.
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jarnie
    jarnie Posts: 6
    Options
    it is so good.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Just an update, the no bake fudgy snowballs were a big hit. I think I would have liked them more rolled in coconut, but everyone thought they were great.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Just an update, the no bake fudgy snowballs were a big hit. I think I would have liked them more rolled in coconut, but everyone thought they were great.