A decision I made today after reading posts by others...

Options
This morning I have made a huge decision, I am going for the weight I have dreamed of being my entire adult life...130 lbs. I originally logged in that I wanted to be 160, because I thought that would be fine and I would be happy at that weight that I wouldn't care anymore, but I have decided that I will not be officially happy until I hit that magical number on the scale I have worked so hard for in the past, but never acheived. I think my problem is the fact that my family, friends and coworkers all think I should weigh a certain amount and anything else will be too skinny. I went along with their suggestions for way too long. I will lose until I am happy, not them! I am doing this for me, not them! And when I do hit that number on the scale, I will be the one who decides whether or not I'm too skinny, NOT THEM!!! I am going for it...I'm doing this for ME!!!:happy:

Replies

• DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!! It's gotta be out you....and no one else.
    I'm cheering for ya all the way!!!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    good decision! You can totally do it!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Great decision! Like you said, its for you and not them :)
  • moebruin
    moebruin Posts: 4
    Options
    Glad you are going for it! Sure you will be the better for it.

However, I caution you not to wait until you hit that weight to be happy. Celebrate all the small steps and all the small victories otherwise the burden of such a big challenge may become discouraging over time.

Best of luck
  • dstrbdangel
    Options
    :happy: you go girl! i originally put in 150 but really truly wanted 130,i just changed it a few days ago because THATS WHAT I WANT! i decided nobody else mattered in my weight except me! I cannot wait to be back at 130! I have a long ways to go...80 lb but i can do it!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Get it girl! You can do it!
  • Qhoney24
    Qhoney24 Posts: 31
    Options
    I like it, I like it, I like it alot.... Girl, dont stop till you are satisfied with your own body. You just help hype me up a little :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    go for it! you can do it! ultimately you have to do what is best for you!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    good for you! it's not up to them to determain when you will be happy. my starting weight was 166 and boy was i not happy.. lol... i'm pretty satisfied at my current weight, but i would love to hit my all time goal of 125 :)) my sisters tell me i'm skinny enough now, but i'm still not "happy". it's up to us, not them ;))
  • tywl1908
    tywl1908 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is so revolutional. I thougt the same as I embarked on my Fitness Pal quest to lose 15 pounds which turned into 18 then 23 and now 25. I feel so amazing with so much energy and yes I do get the you are too skinny comment. No worries, I like it and it feels much better than the "She knows she should lose some pounds or she is too fat to be wearing that" whispers.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    GO FOR IT!!! I originally thought it would be a miracle to get down to 160. I'm now 122. You can do it too!
  • Devani34
    Devani34 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have confidence that you'll make it successfully to your goals and we with you 100%
  • Jarosz79
    Jarosz79 Posts: 7
    Options
    Good for you! Its all about your happiness with yourself! Way to empower yourself, keep it up!
  • CrankyBikerBabe
    Options
    You go girl!!! That is exactly why I am doing this as well. I know when I feel good....my magic number is 145. One day at a time!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    That is such a magical turn, isn't it?! I used to think I'd feel just fine at 160 as well... I've never been smaller in my adult life. There are many people in my life that haven't known me under 170. Some of them don't think I will be healthy below that.. But they're not the ones carrying around this extra weight - I am. Just before I signed up for MFP I also decided to make my goal weight something more in line with my height and build- and I'm not stopping till I see 140.