Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Friday night...so pizza night.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Friday nights in Wisconsin in Lent = we're pretty much obligated to go for fish fry
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Arrrggghhhh...my wife just texted and doesn't want pizza tonight. It's getting stormy out so she's in the mood for chili...which is good, but it's not pizza...
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to suggest pizza to my boyfriend.

Pizza, wine, and WWE Hall of Fame ceremony!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Tuna, broccoli, and linguini in a lemon butter sauce. Beer and pizza Friday is temporarily on Saturday because I gave up alcohol for lent and I like pepperoni on my pizza :innocent:
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Arrrggghhhh...my wife just texted and doesn't want pizza tonight. It's getting stormy out so she's in the mood for chili...which is good, but it's not pizza...

Grounds for divorce right there. Friday night is pizza night. End of.
  • cwolfman13
    Options

Grounds for divorce right there. Friday night is pizza night. End of.

This is the first time this has happened in awhile...but people told me it would happen again...people don't change...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Date night...

Ribs, wings and drinks! :drinker:
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I really want pizza but didn't save enough for it. So gonna go for some salmon.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    My wife is making my favorite thing... a Bulgarian dish called Яхния (Pronounced "Yahneya")

Recipe: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/bulgarian-chicken.html

This recipe isn't quite right... but will get you close - I would modify this to set aside the chicken after browning, then start by frying the onions and garlic until soft, then add the veggies and, then finally browned chicken and other ingredients.. and of course, use sunflower oil if you can find it (it's a Bulgarian thing). Also black pepper does just as good as white for this recipe if you don't have... . Serve with a crusty bread (in moderation).

Calories depend on your exact usage of the ingredients (what cut of chicken, how much oil, etc), and how much bread you use to sop up the amazing sauce... I generally come in at about 750.
  • mrschristian11
    mrschristian11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Chilli sounds good too... LOL :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Chicken and chick pea curry over brown rice.

Then ice cream and a piece of dark chocolate.

At our house, Friday is dessert night and Sunday is pizza night.
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and glazed carrots. I didn't eat much earlier in the day and I'm starving right now!
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Lent so pizza night would be veggie pizza or I might use up the swai in my freezer and do braised fish, plantains, and refried black beans. The partner is Guatemalan so I've learned some new dishes and they're all pretty calorie friendly. This one will clock in at around 600 total which fits my dinner count perfectly.
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    7s0iibdrv6if.jpg
    Cauliflower pizza 460 calories and a salad.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Tonight, it will be salmon...not sure what I will have with it...some salad and some type of vegetable.

Need to be good tonight. I went out to dinner with friends last night and went over my daily intake by about 170 calories. I was up 2.3 pounds today (sodium got to me....I am usually sodium restricted.) Photos are from last night.

6hz2rygb9rqo.jpg
    ui51x0vnoa6x.jpg
    lih1jzbwke1g.jpg
    pgmyhjb2abyy.jpg
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    KayHBE wrote: »
    7s0iibdrv6if.jpg
    Cauliflower pizza 460 calories and a salad.

Please tell me that tasted as good as it looks!!
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    @gamerbabe14 .... It is so good and fairly good size. I actually prefer it to pizza. lol. No really I do. You have to like cauliflower.
  • cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Steamed salmon and mushrooms with onions and a baked potato, I need fuel for my long run tomorrow.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I braised a beef arm roast from a local farm with some beef bone broth, onion, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. I also threw a few fingerling potatoes and baby carrots into the pot towards the end of the cook time for the family, and fixed myself a side salad with some greens from a different local farm. Yummy! :)