Anyone eating less thn 1200 cal a day?

????

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    It's not healthy to.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    As @VintageFeline said, it's against the terms and also the Community Guidelines.

1200 at least ensures that you are getting enough nutrition/calories for your body.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    I can't imagine eating less than 1200 really. It's hard enough not to go OVER 1200!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Please don't.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited March 2017
    Please fuel yourself and go about this the smart way. Your body will thank you.
  • tahiryvargas
    tahiryvargas Posts: 7 Member
    Theres days i dont get hungry at all and i end up eating less so thats why im asking. Its not that i dont eat enough. Was just wondering if it happens to anyone else.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Not a good idea, if you need to be low try 1200
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited March 2017
    Every once in awhile is not so bad, but fairly often/frequently/daily is not so great. I have myself eaten under 1200 when I've been stressed/overly worried, but I usually end up making up for it at some point during the week because I'm hungry.
    To try and hit 1200 consistently, add in some of the foods in the list of calorie dense foods.

Edited for grammar
  • tahiryvargas
    tahiryvargas Posts: 7 Member
    Afura wrote: »
    Every once in awhile is not so bad, but fairly often/frequently/daily is not so great. I have myself eaten under 1200 when I've been stressed/overly worried, but I usually end up making up for it at some point during the week because I'm hungry.
    To try and hit 1200 consistently, add in some of the foods in the list of calorie dense foods.

Edited for grammar

Thanx
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    I have been eating less than 1200....and I'm so disappointed. I'm always going in my fridge asking myself "what can I eat?" Most of the time I'm eating fruit, and veg. A lot of it, but it's still not a lot of calories. I need to go to the store and buy some calorie dense food so I'm not scrambling at the end of the night.
    I'm not advocating eating under it. I'm mad at myself for not reaching it lately. I promised myself this will change by this next week.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Many of us, including myself, lose weight while grossing over 1800 calories. Perhaps someone will come along and post a link to that thread.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    I have days where I eat less than 1200. Not lots less, but less, especially if I had a big salad for lunch and loads of veg for dinner with no potato, pasta or rice. However, I also have days where I eat quite a bit more as I eat out regularly. Every few days, I check my weekly average and aim for that to be at my target.
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    I try to stay between 1000 - 1200. It's been hard not eating and I'm craving sausage patties and eggs in the morning. But, the good ole packet of oatmeal and cinnamon to flavor curbs my appetite.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    I only went under 1200 for two days...when I had food poisoning and couldn't keep food down.

Do not go under 1200...as others have said, it is not healthy.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Theres days i dont get hungry at all and i end up eating less so thats why im asking. Its not that i dont eat enough. Was just wondering if it happens to anyone else.

I wouldn't worry about a low calorie day once in a while, if you are eating healthy proteins, veggies, fruits. It happens to me too. The day before or the day after is usually more calories and it balances out.
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    What everyone has said already. It's nit sustaibable and it's a fad. It doesn't teach you to live, just gets you starving.
  • CynthiasChoice
    Minnie724 wrote: »
    I try to stay between 1000 - 1200. It's been hard not eating and I'm craving sausage patties and eggs in the morning. But, the good ole packet of oatmeal and cinnamon to flavor curbs my appetite.

Maybe you need more protein? Be good to yourself :)
  • CynthiasChoice
    I have been eating less than 1200....and I'm so disappointed. I'm always going in my fridge asking myself "what can I eat?" Most of the time I'm eating fruit, and veg. A lot of it, but it's still not a lot of calories. I need to go to the store and buy some calorie dense food so I'm not scrambling at the end of the night.
    I'm not advocating eating under it. I'm mad at myself for not reaching it lately. I promised myself this will change by this next week.

Nuts or nut butter might work for you. Or meat, eggs, cheese, Greek yogurt
This discussion has been closed.