hcg diet

Options
Hello HAs anyone tryed the HCG Diet???? i soo want to do it but need lil more info:)

Replies

• hairbykiela
    Options
    I did the HCG diet! (Drops) I lost 20lbs in 23 days! It WORKS, but you must be VERY disciplined! :-)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You get to get pumped full of pregnancy hormones and only eat 500 cals/day. Not a healthy diet at all. Anyone would lose weight on 500 cals/day, but not in a healthy manner, and most likely a large portion of that loss will be from lean muscle, not fat. With only 36 lbs to go no need to go to extremes, set you goal for 1 lb/week and eat most of your exercise calories back and you will lose the weight in a healthy manner and will be more likely to keep it off.

Give diet and exercise a try first, give it 6 months and if you don't get results then re-evaluate it.
  • vanessarf88
    Options
    What is this diet?
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    HCG=Starvation and Pregnant Pee diet. Just don't do it.
  • Mekob25
    Mekob25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it... What is it?
  • Jojobeth
    Jojobeth Posts: 19
    Options
    I personally wouldnt do it. 3 of my aunts have done it and they all lost a ton of weight but all 3 of them gained it back + some! They all wish that they wouldnt have done it. You basically starve yourself so when the diet is over and you start eating normal you start gaining. One of my aunts said she couldnt stop eating...she thinks her body was in starvation mode. I honestly think its a way for people to make money. I havent heard of one person that has done it and kept the weight off.
  • Gserrano1
    Gserrano1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks wish me luckk im starting tomorrow:)
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If you are considering this diet, please PLEASE listen to this podcast (starting at about 6 minutes 35 seconds in) where they discuss HCG:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2009/05/fat-2-fit-65-advanced-weight-loss-techniques