Night Boredom

Options
Candibar520
Candibar520 Posts: 29 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Here's my evening set-up:
Lounging in my rocking chair reading a book with the TV on, and I'm either biting my cheeks or wanting a snack. I go for healthy snacks or carbs, but I know I'm full as it is. For a while I went through a few bags of hard candy and all things gummy until the roof of my mouth was scratched up and my teeth hurt. Any ideas on what to do to keep from stuffing my face while I read?

Replies

• buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am not a night stacker, fortunately for me ... but I do find that if I floss and go through an elaborate teeth brushing routine it stops me from wanting to eat.
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Here's my evening set-up:
    Lounging in my rocking chair reading a book with the TV on, and I'm either biting my cheeks or wanting a snack. I go for healthy snacks or carbs, but I know I'm full as it is. For a while I went through a few bags of hard candy and all things gummy until the roof of my mouth was scratched up and my teeth hurt. Any ideas on what to do to keep from stuffing my face while I read?

I feel the same way tonight. I had an apple. It takes longer to eat and is satisfying.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Very similar to gum I like Altoid mints. They are strong and I really enjoy them. Help to make me not want to eat anything else. I go with the peppermint normally but there's multiple flavors
  • Candibar520
    Candibar520 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    All good ideas. I used to be a smoker too so maybe I will always have that tick. It's like always having to be in my rocking chair. Always moving but never getting anywhere. :)
  • fubarfornow
    fubarfornow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you hit the nail on the head in the title of your post. You're bored, and a book just isn't doing it for you. I have been in the same boat lately, and have been trying to find something more absorbing to do. I have work, either work from work or the household chores that we all have, but usually if I'm wanting to eat, it is because I am not having any other sort of fun.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Get a jicama. Slice it into long thin sticks. Have a dozen or so jicama sticks nearby when you sit to read. Use the jicama sticks to entertain your mouth while you read. If you happen to bite and chew, it is sweet tasting but low calorie and high fiber.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Get a jicama. Slice it into long thin sticks. Have a dozen or so jicama sticks nearby when you sit to read. Use the jicama sticks to entertain your mouth while you read. If you happen to bite and chew, it is sweet tasting but low calorie and high fiber.
    Where do you get that?
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I am not a night stacker, fortunately for me ... but I do find that if I floss and go through an elaborate teeth brushing routine it stops me from wanting to eat.

I'm, unfortunately. Like OP, every night i want my spread of desserts, and apple just wouldn't do it, lol. It's, honestly, isn't even being considered. I can get into nuts, honey, chocolate, preserves (my homemade mango, soooo good), ice cream, if we have it. When i have my fill, the best way to put an end to it is to brush up for the night. It clears all cravings away, mental and physical. Sometimes i do it just to end snacking sooner. I also like the idea of altoids, i like them and will tey that, thank you @linsey0689