Meal Planning - yay or nay?

Options
2»

Replies

• kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I prep smoothie bags for breakfast on the weekends and add unflavored protein powder (morning work outs then work), and I pick 3 meals from a healthy cook book (only cooking for one) and cook about 3 times a week. The meals spread out and are pre-portioned for dinner than night, lunch and dinner the next day, and lunch the following usually. I'm fairly busy, so cooking a few times is a lot easier and fresher than cooking every night for me.

I have done meal prep, 15 meals, all in one day, but it's very hard without help because it takes so long.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I tried meal planning, and it just doesn't work for my family. I'll be halfway done cooking whatever dinner that I have planned for the night, and then the rest of the family will decide that they don't want it and eat cereal instead. It's easier for me to just ask them what they want once they get home and try to prepare something with whatever ingredients that I have on hand.
  • DDBooBoo57
    DDBooBoo57 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I take about 2 hours on Sunday, and make my lunch and snacks for the week to take to work.

I usually have:
    Greek yogurt, with nuts and a fruit for breakfast.
    Salad with a protein for lunch.
    Snacks--carrot sticks, mozzarella cheese sticks, grape tomatoes, nuts, etc.

I just like to have it ready. If I don't have my lunch and snacks with me, I will wind up eating 750 calories in a sandwich or 400 calories in a bag of Doritos. (It is quick and available.)

I did hang a month long dinner menu on my fridge, but that is because the minute I walk in the house from work I hear, "what's for dinner." The dinner menu let's me buy everything on the weekend, and then I can just cook it when I get home.
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes! It works. It's all about putting the right amount of food together.