Newbie here. Need encouragement.

Options
The scale isn't moving (it's been abput 5 weeks now) I work out 6 days a week. I am eating about 1200 calories a day. I am lifting weights and I know muscle weighs more than fat. It was suggested to me to take my measurements so I did yesterday. I just feel discouraged. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mikesfitnesscounter
    Options
    Stay the course. Cardio helped me move to the next stage. After about 6 weeks I noticed a bit of change and again after a couple more weeks. Don't give up - but again cardio helped me. I used machines that counted my heart rate and calorie. Worked my way up to working off 5 6 700 calories. It took me a year of part time gym work until I started going every day.
  • lovestofly617
    lovestofly617 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ty Mikesfitnesscounter for the encouragement. I do 30 mins of cardio and 30 of weight lifting 6 days a week. Plus I try to do Zumba twice a week as well. I will "just keep swimming".
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    The scale isn't moving (it's been abput 5 weeks now) I work out 6 days a week. I am eating about 1200 calories a day. I am lifting weights and I know muscle weighs more than fat. It was suggested to me to take my measurements so I did yesterday. I just feel discouraged. Any suggestions?

You're eating "about" 1200 a day. How did you reach that number? How accurate are your portioning-measuring methods? All solid foods need to be weighed out on a scale to really know for sure if you're being accurate. Even a few calories off per serving of food can snowball fast, and kick your progress right in the groin. I'd suggest tightening up on your logging for a few weeks, and see what happens.

• lovestofly617
    Options
    All out of bubblegum, ty for your suggestion. I will tighten up my logging and see what happens.
  • misschaddy20
    misschaddy20 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem too, 1200 calories is how much you need to maintain your weight, according to my research and Gp. My weight is falling off and i am sticking under 800 calories (with doctors supervision ofcourse) Maybe give that a go?
  • lovestofly617
    Options
    I will be making a doctor appointment here very soon to see what the doc recommends. Ty misschadddy20.