I am an expert at losing weight... and putting it back on again.

Options
angej2
angej2 Posts: 25 Member
I've successfully lost weight numerous times with MFP but this time I'm here to stay. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and I've finally come to the realisation that in order to lose weight and keep it off I'm going to need to continue to monitor my intake once on maintenance. If you're planning on sticking around even once the weight is gone please feel free to add me, it would be great if we could motivate each other! :smiley:

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,212 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've been here for several years, because I'm pretty sure that unless I continue to track I'll put the weight back on. :) You've got this - welcome back to MFP!
  • dkinlocke4376
    dkinlocke4376 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat! Finally ready to be gone with the extra weight for good
  • Selina_Kyle_60
    Selina_Kyle_60 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank u everyone for sharing. Anyone feel free to add me, I need the support. I have lost and gained back significant amounts of weight my whole life so it's really nice to hear from other people that have had the same experience. I thought I was the only one. Sometimes I feel like people in my life, especially my family, think that something is wrong with me bc I cant maintain my weight, maybe they are right. I have friends who have stayed the same weight their whole lives and I dont know how they do it. I know many people who have had children and have snapped right back yet I have no kids and no excuse for the weight gain yet it always seems to happen. I almost feel I would have rather stayed heavy this whole time rather then going back and forth because Im embarrassed about it. I hope everyone here is successful in reaching their goals and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Maybe we can help and encourage each other.
  • jdevergillo7
    jdevergillo7 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Just added you! Lost 65 and maintained for almost ten years now :) can help motivate you!
  • peartree6
    peartree6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there all! I'm in the same boat, although my nemesis has been that 10-15 lbs that I have lost and regained for the last 30 years. (I'm old but haven't given up yet!). Decided recently that I want to try once again to drop the lbs. I've put on in the winter months. Especially with summer coming on. So here I am--hoping to gain some insight on how to keep it off for good. Jdevergillo7 must know something the rest of us don't! Your motivation will be appreciated. Doesn't matter how many pounds we have to lose, we just need to get started and make the commitment. I have to say the older I get I'm not too good at making commitments--been there done that. I'm retired and enjoy the freedom. But with weight loss, I guess I'm going to have to do it (again). Good luck to everyone and the fact that we are here is already a positive affirmation!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Me that me lose it gain it 29 years I've sadly now got fed up of myself
  • NRgeticMomma
    NRgeticMomma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate! I have gained and lost more than I can count over the years. This time it's for real, no excuses! I will add you :)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    I have lost the "same" 10+ pounds four times at MFP since 2014. Prior to that, I lost weight several times using other calorie counters, notably one on the Palm Pilot. The bottom line is that my subconscious mind and metabolic system want's me to weigh 200lbs+, whereas my rational mind wants me to weigh under 180lbs. It takes en enormous amount of rational effort to reduce weight.

The only change I want to make is to intervene more often and not just at the new year!
  • judycase1962
    judycase1962 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to find friends that are in the same boat, losing and gaining it back. I've tried all the diets, usually doing low carb but I can't stick with it. What I'm going to try again is just tracking calories while eating sensible. What is everyone else doing?
  • SnowChick17
    SnowChick17 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to lose it yet so easy to put it back on. I've been fighting with myself my whole life! I will add you too :smile: I am more than happy to cheer on others as well so feel free to add me!
  • omgstfualready
    omgstfualready Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here. I lose and get to a certain point and put it all back. I have clothes in my closet with tags from each time I hit that dress size and just as it's ready to wear something happens in me (don't know what) and I put it all back on, and then some.
  • OkieStrmChsr
    OkieStrmChsr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just getting rolling, today, and have done the exact same thing. Looking forward to getting to know you all as we kick butt.
  • angej2
    angej2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing and all the friend requests, it's nice to know we aren't alone :)
  • JessieMayUK
    JessieMayUK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy to add you and feel free to add me for motivation/encouragement ect
  • MinorcaMin
    MinorcaMin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here, only been an issue last few years, before that I was stones lighter and maintained that my whole life. I want to get back to having a healthy relationship with food. Good luck everyone on your journey
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Katie and you've just described me! Feel free to add me x
  • KayleighScott398
    KayleighScott398 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me ☺️
  • crazed1more
    crazed1more Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like. I also go up and down. We can do this and stay with it
  • xxbrimstonexx
    xxbrimstonexx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here. I lose and get to a certain point and put it all back. I have clothes in my closet with tags from each time I hit that dress size and just as it's ready to wear something happens in me (don't know what) and I put it all back on, and then some.

Me too... I'm ready to put a tarp over my size L and 12's so I don't have to look at them every time I go into my closet. They still have tags. They mock me.