bx1hy1sdhv1k.jpg
1h67kx4qu340.jpg
adsevxqjmq7l.jpg
u9601owkrrf7.jpg
vkhdcq8gkam2.jpg
wn8g7cxnyrva.jpg
d7g1obit01f7.jpg
g1mgcbsdcoq0.jpg

These are just some random photos of my progress throughout the last year. I started at 299.8 lbs exactly, I'll never forget telling myself that I didn't want to reach 300 lbs, and that's when it all began.

My journey has been a rollercoaster, both physically and emotionally. Up until now I was still too afraid to share my progress with the mfp community, I still felt so embarrassed about my body. But I'm over it now because I feel like I've made a difference even though my mind continuously struggles to tell me otherwise.

At first I started extremely slowly, I got down to about 275 by just getting out a little more, and eating a little less. Though I will admit, beverages have always been my main problem. I drunk a majority of my calories. Soda for days, all of the time. So after thanksgiving 2015 I cut it out completely and totally went 0 to 100. I believe that this is where I began to go too far.

I started p90x, stopped drinking soda and dropped my diet to 500 calories a day at first. Yes FIVEHUNDRED. It was an idiot's move, the worst mistake I ever made, I was literally starving myself. After about 2 months of p90x I dropped down to about 230. During p90x I did raise my calories guys no worries. To about 700-800. Yeah, I know not much better. It was then i started to realize that I could lose just a little less weight, and eat at least 1,500 caps a day.

It was hard for me to eat that much after hardly eating anything at all. My stomach felt like it shrunk to the size of a pea. Nonetheless I pulled through. I decided to quit p90x 2 months through and head to the gym. I was still losing weight pretty quickly. Almost as quickly as when I was doing p90x of all things and starving myself. So don't try to starve yourself people, it doesn't work haha, and I'm very lucky that it didn't permanantly damage my metabolism.

Either way up to now I has gotten down to 203 lbs. I'm happy with that but my goal is still 180. My path has been a rocky one, I quit working out and eating right for quite a while after reaching 203 and went back up to about 220. Now I'm back down to 206 with no plan on quitting this time.

I apologize if this is a bit jumbled up. I wrote it very quickly on my phone. But I just want to let anyone trying to lose weight know that it's very rarely a straight forward path to victory. I think that a lot of people losing weight go through rough periods as well, but the most important thing is to keep fighting. It may sound corny but this is the only way I can explain it, don't let your fire die no matter what. You may be like me, and your fire once became an ember, but I never let it die out. Thanks for reading guys, good luck everyone! I will continue to work hard to achieve my goal.

Edit: the pictures here are also a bit jumbled up. Maybe not entirely in sequence.

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You're getting it done! B)
  • NalaBellyFIT
    NalaBellyFIT Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look great, and should be proud of your progress! Glad to hear it sounds like you've recognized that you need to be healthy. You're so right, it's not straightforward. Weight loss is not linear, and our progress depends so much on finding balance. Keep it up! Your hard work is definitely paying off!